cptredsox

hello!

a few months ago i tried ESET Smart Security and if i set the HIPS up in interactive mode it asked me what to do for every action i made, now, even if there are no rules set and i havent been using learning mode, in interactive mode, it is doing nothing .. is there some kind of whitelist now ? or is this a bug ?

Gnosis

Maybe you have trained the HIPS to where it is familiar with the programs you have been using. Try downloading a legit program that you don't normally use and see if it triggers the HIPS.

jasonX

Level 9
cptredsox said:
hello!

a few months ago i tried ESET Smart Security and if i set the HIPS up in interactive mode it asked me what to do for every action i made, now, even if there are no rules set and i havent been using learning mode, in interactive mode, it is doing nothing .. is there some kind of whitelist now ? or is this a bug ?
That was the same behavior when I tried out ESS ver5. In Interactive Mode it should spring forth pop-ups especially if there is no rule placed. Have not tried out ESS 6 though because I dove to version 7 Beta. In 7 Beta it was not so with me. Did you try to uninstall and install the application again?

alexp79

hello

automatic mode should be fine for most users i think;
even in automatic mode you can add some rules to improve protection; i didn't change anything as i run privatefirewall 7 with it so no need to change something on eset hips;
if you want to change few things in automatic mode, this small tutorial isn't bad but in french or brazilian only; i didn't find the same in english
http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/36241-eset-configuration-avancee-du-hips
you can understand it maybe with google translation^^

Be aware of interactive mode even with a learning period, you will receive many popups, it can be annoying^^