Status
Not open for further replies.

cptredsox

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
hello!

a few months ago i tried ESET Smart Security and if i set the HIPS up in interactive mode it asked me what to do for every action i made, now, even if there are no rules set and i havent been using learning mode, in interactive mode, it is doing nothing .. is there some kind of whitelist now ? or is this a bug ?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Maybe you have trained the HIPS to where it is familiar with the programs you have been using. Try downloading a legit program that you don't normally use and see if it triggers the HIPS.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
cptredsox said:
hello!

a few months ago i tried ESET Smart Security and if i set the HIPS up in interactive mode it asked me what to do for every action i made, now, even if there are no rules set and i havent been using learning mode, in interactive mode, it is doing nothing .. is there some kind of whitelist now ? or is this a bug ?

That was the same behavior when I tried out ESS ver5. In Interactive Mode it should spring forth pop-ups especially if there is no rule placed. Have not tried out ESS 6 though because I dove to version 7 Beta. In 7 Beta it was not so with me. Did you try to uninstall and install the application again?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

automatic mode should be fine for most users i think;
even in automatic mode you can add some rules to improve protection; i didn't change anything as i run privatefirewall 7 with it so no need to change something on eset hips;
if you want to change few things in automatic mode, this small tutorial isn't bad but in french or brazilian only; i didn't find the same in english
http://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/36241-eset-configuration-avancee-du-hips
you can understand it maybe with google translation^^

Be aware of interactive mode even with a learning period, you will receive many popups, it can be annoying^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.