Battle Eset Smart Security 7 vs Bitdefender Internet Security 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Which one give better protection? Eset Smart Security 7 vs Bitdefender Internet Security 2014

Icy

Level 2
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
If we're talking about protection then bitdefender will provider better protection. If we're taking stability, system impact and other factors that make up a decent security suite then ESET takes the cake.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
What I don't like about ESET's HIPS is the "noise" it makes sometimes. Even if I let the HIPS in learning mode for 2 days, I still get some pop-ups about OS's operations after setting it to Interactive Mode. The same goes for the Firewall.

I just hope that they will implement a cloud-based whitelisting just like with Comodo Firewall.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I have voted for Eset Smart Security 7, but you have to be Advanced to use the HIPS or you will get hacked!
The main issue with ESET's HIPS is that it does not have an white list. It will generate a pop-up for very well known programs, so for the regular users is not ideal to have that enabled.

I would go with ESET Smart Security 7 because it has very low system impact, a very good antivirus engine (Which also detected PUP's), and a solid web guard. If ESET will manage to provide a good white list, and enable the software by default, then this product can only get better. :)

Last edited:

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I also agree with this!

The main issue with ESET's HIPS is that, it does not have an white list. It will generate a pop-up for very well known programs, so for the regular users is not ideal to have that enabled.

I would go with ESET Smart Security 7 because it has very low system impact, a very good antivirus engine (Which also detected PUP's), and a solid web guard. If ESET will manage to provide a good white list, and enable the software by default, then this product can only get better. :)

arsh

Level 1
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
i would say Bitdefender provide its engine to around 10-15 AVs so it has vast Virus database Eset develop Generic signature so one signature can detect many different malwares. I vote for Eset. Its very light and accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.