Status
Not open for further replies.

cc2150dx

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2014
Hello,

Does ESET Smart Security 9 have 'Safe Browsing' (Product rates the safety of sites returned in search results) e.g. (checkmark for safe site)?....if so. does this work with Google Chrome browser latest version?

Thanks in advance

cc

L

LabZero

Of course you can use WOT Chrome extension alongside of Eset, it is not a problem.

Reactions: Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Eset has an antiphising,anti-netbot and network attack and email anti-spam feature along with the firewall.ESS version 9 has introduced a safe banking feature (Supported browsers: Internet Explorer (8.0.0.0+), Chrome (30.0.0.0+), and Firefox (24.0.0.0+) which only allows a whitelist of safe banking websites and encrypts your data as well.
Addons like WOT,Dr.Web link checker,Avira browser safety, McAfee site advisor etc work flawlessly with ESET.I have even used Bitdefender quickscan chrome extension with no apparent conflict in the past.

Reactions: Malakke and LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well so far ESET does not incorporate safety ratings index through search engines you use however you are protected since their web reputation/in-related components are enough to be accurate to detect unsafe sites.

Go from extensions that can provide those features at the moment.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I wouldn't worry about the 'safe browsing' features of some AVs. Half the time, it probably doesn't even work.

If you are using Chrome, install an ad blocker (Ublock Origin). I keep extensions to a minimum on my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.