Battle Eset Smart Security Vs Emsisoft Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarmasooma

Thread author
Aug 19, 2012
ok guys I just wanted to know which one would you guys go for?
both have their pros and cons but needed a final answer to be convinced..
Umbra whats your say??

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
If i am to choose between the two, i would choose Emsisoft any given day
its just better than Eset at everything (Detection, Protection, Removal) though i don't know which one uses lesser resources

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It all depends on the user, what kind of protection they need, their learning curve and their installed software.

ESET-
Will protect against the most common malware.
Easy to use and configure.
Simple learning curve required.
Compatible with most other software.
Lite on the system resources.

Better for users who know how to browse the web safely and safely download files. Also better for users who don't like to learn how to learn new things.

Emsisoft-
Will provide better protection.
Somewhat aggressive- false positives are expected.
Will require some learning to configure and use.
Tweaking maybe required to make it compatible with all your installed software.
Also lite on system resources.

Offers better protection for users who don't know how to safely browse the web and safely download files. However might be a bit too difficult for some users to learn how to use effectively. Advanced and paranoid users love it.

I will vote for ESET because it will be better for most users as a whole.

Enjoy!!:D

P

Plexx

Both are good and both have their short comings.

ESET's firewall is not the best but decent. Detection rate decent, removal capabilities are enough for average user. RAM sits at a constant rate below 100k. No slowdowns on boot/shutdown and hardly any performance lost whilst scanning. Scan speed decent. Good web protection. HIPS are OK as well, as long as you change from default settings to Learning Mode and then after 14 days to Interactive (Follow rules, if no rule, will ask, if you fail to answer, it will allow) or Policy-based (Follow rules, if no rule, automatically deny).

EIS consists of EAM and OA (paid version).
EAM has 2 engines: In house and BD engine, so detection rate his higher than ESET by just a bit. Removal capabilities are its strong point. Zero day protection consists of a good Behavior Blocker (BB - Mamutu Technology) and also constains surf protection based. Allows importing HOST files without manually modifying your Windows settings nor 3rd party software required. RAM unfortunately still fluctuates over 200k every now again until it stables down, there is a small boot decrease noticed on a decent i7 machine.

OA contains in a nutshell Banking mode (for those paranoid over doing online banking) which is one of the 3 modes available (standard (recommended for new users) and advanced mode (recommended for advanced users) being the other 2), Anti keylogger monitoring (which I do not believe ESET has it). HIPS is also included in OA and considered one of the most complete ones (the other being CIS). Other features on OA are the Webshield, file/registry key monitoring and auto start monitoring/protection.

So now it will boil down to what you wish to choose.

D

Deleted member 178

i agree with the analysis of Littlebits and Biozfear; as i am an avid user of EIS , they resumed all what i think about EIS.

P

Plexx

One more thing I forgot to add: There are users that claim either one are light or heavy. You will need to run it for yourself to see which one fits your system best.

I

illumination

Of the two, i voted for EIS, for the same reasons stated above by the other members. Mainly because it will provide better protection.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Well I voted for ESS, much more Simpler to use on the whole as littlebits said. Although with the new hips it can be configured for paranoid users as well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Personally, I prefer no nonsense software, I would choose to install ESET Smart Security.

I've not had a bad experience with ESET in the past, and as soon as Emsisoft merge the 2 products into 1 single package, I may reconsider using it.

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
EIS....It have protection better than Eset (and yes,I am a Eset smart security user from one year..but still...I think EIS is kick-ass)
just my opinion.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.