Not open for further replies.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Both are good security products, Eset is well rounded - low on resources, system impact and high level of protection. Eset updates with quick and small signatures, very good and adaptable although the GUI takes some time to learn.

Emsisoft I had tried in the past, it used to be heavy.It has a dual antivirus engine.I have been hearing now it's fast and lightweight.It has a better behavioural blocker.
So, I would say Emsisoft holds the edge here.
You can choose either of them, and remember to follow standard guidelines to remain safe on the internet.Both will serve you in good standing.I use Eset.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I have used both and I didn't notice any difference in how my system ran, both are light with excellent protection, it's a matter of taste regarding the user interface and what you want to tweak. If you can do a trial of each then you could make a better judgement based on your own experience.

Reactions: Rishi and tonibalas

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Emsisoft is known for its behaviour blocker (formerly available standalone - Mamutu) and its detection rate + cleaning capabilities, however falls short of memory usage during update and cpu spikes up whilst scanning etc.

ESET is known for its great detection + a well configured HIPS (policy based mode for the hardcore user, smart mode for casual). memory usage ain't that high, cpu and I/O are quiet whilst scanning and cleaning.

Emsisoft uses 2 engines, ESET 1.

I used to use ESET with Mamutu back in the day.

If i was to pick one, I go ESET as its less headaches all around for my day to day use.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Both of them are great security products as the other members already stated.
My opinion is if you want a set and forget program you should go with Emsisoft.
It's default settings are very good and only if you are paranoid user you should tweak it.
On the other hand if you are a user that wants to tweak your security security program then you should go with Eset.
Eset offers many options for tweaking and you will enjoy it.
I hope i have helped;)
Voted none i can't decide:D

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Both of have well performed on many test, they have different concept on how they make a plan B stage as one of contains HIPS and other BB.

When it comes on the responsive stage for zero day added detection then ESET may have little edge than Emsisoft but who knows.
Number of employees isn't a factor at all to work the product an overall stable.

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.