Status
Not open for further replies.

MidniteRider

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Hi guys!
I'd like to know which one you prefer out of these two.
AFAIK, both have great detection, nice prevention and are pretty light on the system (Kaspersky used to be kinda heavy, but they seem to have fixed it a couple months ago).

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I'd go with Kaspersky, Last time I used it (the 2014 version) It did use a lot of ram but it felt really light on the system. Kaspersky has a first rate firewall and it's application control is also top notch, as is it's phishing protection should you need it.

Geni

Jan 26, 2012
If you are looking for facts and not personal opinion I'd say just take AVC, AV-Test and Dennis Labs tests and do your own math.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OP is asking what the users think, not unrealistic testing lab scores. Thanks. :D

MidniteRider

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2013
Earth said:
OP is asking what the users think, not unrealistic testing lab scores. Thanks. :D

So, what do you think?
tongue.gif

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I cannot decide, it's a tough question because both offer really good protection.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
if i had to choose i'll say eset light and does the job didn't try the new version of karspersky but i've always find it kinda having a big impact on the cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.