ESET version 8: The Multi-Layered Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It's not blocking botnet or you can't enable it ?
Here is a .gif I made to show what I was talking about earlier.

CW9UgPU.gif

Reactions: Kent

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
well i was user of ESET since 2 or 3 years, during that time i got infected once and have some problems like "firewall failed to...." or "HIPS didnt start correctly....." or the most common, i couldnt even share a my internet /make a hotspot/ and either access to the LAN of my house or the campus... I know it has some amazing stuff like the time of responce which is crucial the live grid module etc /that does nothing only than to check a file/, other common issue is the fact that some times the ekrn service doesnt want to stop and makes a hard time to remove it or modify it. I wonder how these modules work in some real life cases as for me when i tested then most of them didnt behave as they have to. And also as others said for regular user, default mode isnt enough compared with what it supposed to bring, you have to tweak it

As for bitdefender well I just installed cuz i heard it was a good product. However I encounter just one problem: the slowdown when update (only that) besides that it did well beginning that it was not a powerful machine, so i recommended to a friend and well been honest he had a lot of problems: like the GUI crashing or the program update /it was not able to update the program/ after making some repairs he lost the
patience and he told me that even thou it was a good AV he´d never use it again. So, is not the same for everyone.

PST: i tested the 2015 version and most of the known bugs that me and my friend had were solved however when i used some build-in tools the system crashed and i had to uninstall inmediatly.

at the end i will say that eset is a nice program but lacks a lot :( i wouldnt know which one to choose both are excelents products.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
I wasn't fond of the HIPS of Eset before (pared it with either OA or Outpost) but that was a long time ago and I hope with that time the HIPS got matured enough. If the HIPS now can block starting a new application from a trigger in another application, say, browser, then it's definitely improved. Had not have the chance to try it though...

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
well i was user of ESET since 2 or 3 years, during that time i got infected once and have some problems like "firewall failed to...." or "HIPS didnt start correctly....." or the most common, i couldnt even share a my internet /make a hotspot/ and either access to the LAN of my house or the campus...

How did you resolve that infection do you remember cause one friend of mine has the same issue
thanks ;)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I uninstalled it because too many resources while idle, even with the real-time file system protection off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.