Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Hello!
I have done another pool: ESET 2013 vs. Microsoft Security Essentials 2013. In this pool you have only to vote for Interface. I want to know what antivirus product do you like in this criteria!
Thanks for votes, views and replies!

P

Plexx

2013 versions I take it it is referred to ESET 6 and Windows Defender (Windows 8) correct?

When you refer to interface, you refer to easy in the eyes or eye candy or user friendly?

Just saying interface will be still rather general.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET always has a clean UI, but I do prefer Microsoft Security Essentials GUI in this instance.

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Going off of what Biozfear stated, if I was going to answer which one was easier on the eyes I would say ESET. However if the question was which GUI was more user friendly(to the average user) I would go with MSE primarily being it is an "install and forget" and "not too many settings to play around with" kind of antivirus solution.

P

Plexx

MalwareDoctor said:
Going off of what Biozfear stated, if I was going to answer which one was easier on the eyes I would say ESET. However if the question was which GUI was more user friendly(to the average user) I would go with MSE primarily being it is an "install and forget" and "not too many settings to play around with" kind of antivirus solution.

Agree with the choices.

Also ESET UI if I remember correctly is smaller.

D

Deleted member 178

raxa707 said:
eset for me btw can someone do emsisoft antimalware vs comodo internet security?

About? if about a protection comparison it was already done many times here. , if about interface , the new comodo interface is the worse i ever used.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
my vote goes for mse/ windows defender (win 8).....I think you can't find much clean gui in any AV than that of mse/ win defender....

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
raxa707 said:
eset for me btw can someone do emsisoft antimalware vs comodo internet security?

Erm...you could post a new topic for it. It is...kind of oposssite of rules to post your own question/whatever at one's topic.

On-topic (Post for OP) : Vote goes for ESS

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
My vote goes to ESET.

MSE has gone way down hill over the past while and only relies on it's signatures which just isn't enough anymore. At least ESET has HIPS. Although it's HIPS can be quite hard to configure. I'm not sure about the memory usage of them. I heard they both user a lot. Up to around 100MB? I don't know if this is true though.

I didn't choose ESET just because it's a paid product. I chose it because it is the overall better product in this situation :D

P

Plexx

Malware Man said:
At least ESET has HIPS. Although it's HIPS can be quite hard to configure. I'm not sure about the memory usage of them. I heard they both user a lot. Up to around 100MB? I don't know if this is true though.

You mean the fail protection of HIPS on Default settings which means no protection.

Even in Interactive Mode it has flaws, highlighted on the HIPS thread by Overkill and me.

RAM usage of ESET V5 is less than 100k on most systems. On x64 its higher than if it was x86.

ESET V6 suffers from random spikes still which is a bug that I initially reported and it was over taken by the increase on RAM by other users at wilders. Overkill still experiences that bug/leak. See his config thread (more or less last few pages).

MSE RAM usage is low compared to ESET. In detection is ok but yeah, lack of Zero Day protection (pre-Windows 8. Windows 8 version I cannot comment)

mruser

Jun 16, 2013
Eset Nod32 Antivirus Versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Eset Nod32 Antivirus:
(OS: winxp(crack or Orig) or win7()

Pros:
1. Updatable cracked license version(FREE) or original(Purchased)
Features:
- Real-time file system protection (with USB virus blocker)
- HIPS
- Gamer mode
- Web access protection (block access to malicious sites)
- Email client proctection
2. User-friendly UI

Cons:
If not updated after 2 weeks It will released it's own virus. You will know it when you are experiencing drive icons in your USB FlashDrives even if your laptop/pc never licked a single internet connection ever since.

Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE):
(OS: Licensed win7)

Pros:
1. SUPER LIGHT

2. SUPER FAST

3. AWESOME

4. FREE
Cons:
No Web Protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.