Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidov

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
hi I use ESET combo AV + windows firewall control or the entire package ESS.thanks for the reply.I earn that in some tests, ESET is not a good firewall.

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
ESET firewall is ' good ' nuff to protect home users. Nothing in good or better but it's sure a step ahead then WF control since it gives better outbound protection +hips. But if u have EAV then no need to switch ESS unless u dissatisfied with EAV+WF control combo..

H

hjlbx

hi I use ESET combo AV + windows firewall control or the entire package ESS.thanks for the reply.I earn that in some tests, ESET is not a good firewall.

NOD32 + WFC = solid config

ESS = stronger config

ESS firewall is better than Windows firewall - even with WFC.

ESS firewall might not be the absolute best in terms of geek-techno criteria, but its strengths far outweigh any weaknesses.

I would use NOD32 + WFC on system with limited resources = one that has problems with full suite. That is the primary reason for using such a combo - not any security considerations.

On system with adequate resources, I'd use ESS.

You have to evaluate which config will work best for you on your specific system.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hi, I think this thread is now closed by @Davidov but as a user of ESET I think ESET and the windows firewall is more than enough.
ESET smart security is good, maybe the few solutions for home users that best protects the computer.
Almost a year I use ESET AV, not ESS and, do not have much to complain about.
is light and have in general about 96/98% of detection rate and is fast at blocking zero day malware because update their virus definition many times a day.
Hope this helps in something...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.