Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
thanks, but prominent brain fog prevails today, I re-read the posts, went into ubo filter config gearing up for the weekend -- I'm not seeing VIE block filter. me I'm sure... :unsure:o_O
It is the last one in "Regions, languages" :

1677873699883.png

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

My2Cents

The test is flawed because it includes a lot hardware device trackers and advertising. When you have an Apple Smartphone and have Adguard for IOS, your AdGuard filters don't include the filters of AdGuard for Android simply because you don't need them. Only when you use a DNS service which includes hardware trackers and ad blocking (e.g. NextDNS) you could get a score a 100% when testing uBO or AG at default on a PC (same story applies here, why would I need OPPO mobo tracker protection while I am on a HP laptop?)

With Kees1958Mv3 only (with < 3000 rules) I get a 63% block score . In my other hardened Chrome profile with Kees1958Mv2 only (with < 7000 rules) I get a 71% block score with Quad9. When I use NextDNS and block all hardware stuff I get a 95% with Kees1958 Mv2. I am more a Stones fan, but in this situation the Beatles "let it be" is more appropriate, :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Well at least they have added the note that the test is not 100% reliable, still some people take it as a holy grail and adjust their whole config based on the results.
I should be worried, because ads scripts are allowed, but I am not, because those scripts will not load ads from blocked domains like google, I only get white spaces.

Attachments

• capture_08132023_173053.jpg
    capture_08132023_173053.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 87

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
FanboyNZ, maintainer of Brave's adblocker, also is against this type of test.

Yet some others with excellent experience and knowledge ardently support this measure. I mean, who do you believe? My score running Firefox was relatively lousy but I trust gorhill (and Fanboy) to make the right verdict. Most of all, I trust my own ad-free experiences.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.