Hot Take Evaluate your content blocker with Ad Block Tester

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
it's very difficult to have a clean sheet on those websites but I know many people would see tons of ads
usually, I use these to test
With Adguard disabled:
Screenshot 2023-03-02 231718.jpg

Adguard Enabled:
Screenshot 2023-03-02 231732.jpg

Adguard seems to be doing a good job.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
The test was flawed according to makers of uBlock Origin and AdGuard.
I don't know of anything has changed with the new test.

There is a FAQ and a Compatibility Check on the main page:

Adding his filter in uBlock Origin gives me 100%, but adding his filter in AdGuard for Android only gives 77%.
I don't buy into any of these tests. The best test is how web pages appear to individual users. Everyone's browsing habits are different. The tests have extremely limited value and many unkowns , e.g. coding, methodology, etc.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I don't buy into any of these tests. The best test is how web pages appear to individual users. Everyone's browsing habits are different. The tests have extremely limited value and many unkowns , e.g. coding, methodology, etc.
I tend to agree. We can get things so dialed in and so tight, that we may lose the functionality and even fun? of a webpage and may end up in doing too much fiddling around with unblocking, allowing settings etc. But still, it is kinda fun to see what does what, and what others are getting :) I'm enjoying this thread :)

2023-03-02_19-06-46.jpg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
1677809483010.png

microsoft edge Without any extension but in Settings:
To some extent, this supports my point above.
And from flags:
1677809568635.png
And of course, we really don't know what the experiment entails, if or when it's active, i.e. doing anything, or what type of imrovement it provides. Thanks as usual to MS lack of documentation. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Firefox :
Privacy and security - STRICT.

Installed extensions:

uBlock Origin
Browsing protection F-Secure
Windscribe VPN

Result:

Screenshot_2.jpg

Reactions: plat

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
these tests are still valuable
if you get 100% in all tests but you still get some ads in your frequently visited websites -> still fail
if you get 100% and zero ads or trackers in your websites -> big success

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.