Evans Security Configuration (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evans

Thread author
Jul 6, 2017
Hi MTs, I'm new here.
This is my security configuration.
The configuration is focused on system security and privacy protection, how would I make it improved?
Moreover, please help I to make a data and OS backup plan. Thanks for the suggestions.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement a system & data backup solution.Both Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
Lighten your real time protection.
KIS 2017 is enough on it's own or with VS.
Apart from the lack of a system & data backup your config is secure.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Definitely too much apps running at the same time. I would stick with simply KIS+VS and stop Mbam and Zemana real time protections.
Regarding to on demand scanners, the same applies. Keep just Zemana, AdwCleaner and remove everything else.
Follow suggestions about backups.
Keep it simply, man. Quantity does not mean quality and your system is probably much slower than it should be.
Thanks for sharing!

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I can just second @brod56 statement.
Also my system is overprotected when it comes to realtime but yours is even heavier :)

Reactions: brod56

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Backing up your machine is essential. If your other tools fail and you have no backup, you're going to have to re-format the machine and lose all of your data.

May not be critical to you, maybe it's just for browsing the web or playing games, if that's the case you can get away with a simple snapshot tool (i.e. Comodo Time Machine, Rollback Rx)

If it is important to you, I'd also recommend picking up a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect, Acronis True Image, Drive Cloner Rx)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Follow suggestions about backups, it's very important also in case of infection.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.