Even after removing bitdefender, I cannot perform windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Because bitdefender blocks windows update, I uninstall bitdefender using bitdefender remover.
However, after removing the bitdefender, I still cannot perform windows update.
I have checked the event logging, and I found that Background Intelligent Transfer Service could not be started.

Bitdefender ruins my computer.

DO NOT INSTALL bitdefender even for trials..

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Thought I was having the same issue... "failed to configure windows updates"... but it was because it was restarting my computer at some point during the installation. My computer has a weak fan and will shut down if I'm not there to press enter after a restart. My computer isn't overheating but it is oldish.

Reactions: nissimezra

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
can restore the system to a point before installing BitDefender?
might help...
or use microsoft fix it tool

I like bitdefender was a good antivirus, never had problems with it
it is with sadness that I see getting worse

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Bring search up on your computer and hit "Services.msc" into it and see if there is any important services not running, and if so then try right clicking on it and hitting enable.

Is the windows update service enabled for example?

Last edited:

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Bring search up on your computer and hit "Services.msc" into it and see if there is any important services not running, and if so then try right clicking on it and hitting enable.
BITS service does not work. No solution can fix BITS serivce

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Sorry just trying to point you in the right direction. I've had service corruptions before, some services won't start back up once they've been shut down. There is always a solution to fixing the problem though.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
This happened to me 4 days ago. I was going to give Bitdefender a try. It deactivated windows update, I guess after I uninstalled it.? I will never use it again.! Its going to be Quihoo 360 from now on & at least it uninstalls clean.

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
@marg

Maybe it had something to do with the profiles? In Bitdefender go into work profiles and make sure those postpone windows updates and postpone background tasks and maintenance boxes aren't ticked.

Reactions: frogboy

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah but you gotta try things... like reinstalling it and making sure both boxes are ticked and then restarting your computer, then unticking and restarting computer again.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Tsk...I am sorry for what happened to you. This is why before we should try a new set-up or program we should be prudent enough to make a system image backup first. So if ever when things go borky you are just minutes away from a system image restoration prior using whatever software/program you are trying out. I tend to do this also prior every Windows Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.