Even after removing bitdefender, I cannot perform windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Care to provide an error code on Windows update which by researching, a bunch of websites with same related situation should provide it.

Reactions: nissimezra

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
I've had this issue before... some services won't start back up when I've manually shut them down... it's usually a registry issue... some registry keys related to it have become corrupted or something... become damaged somehow. A quick solution will be out there... a reinstall of this individual service.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Great video by Koroke San.
In services you should scroll down and check if Windows Updates are disabled.
Sometimes software cause such bugs in Windows
Also as other member suggested you can try to make a restore point.
Final solution for me is to use Revo Uninstaller Pro to delete any BD leftovers that may causing the problem
I hope i have helped

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Sometimes the program that caused the problem can undo the problem...

Try ticking those two boxes and then restarting his computer, unticking and then restarting again... if this is what caused the problem on his windows 7.

14dhi4k.jpg

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
The problem has been solved by "re-installing norton internet security (NIS)".
Everything above could not solve my problem.
Very weird.

Background story:
I did originally use the NIS.
After the NIS was upgrade into a new version, there were too many false positives so that I changed into the extended trial of a bitdefender IS.

I could not perform windows update and java update after the changing.
I think that it is because of the bitdefender.

So, I changed into kaspersky IS after removing bitdefender using the remover.
Still I could not implement windows updates.

I re-installed my NIS, and I can succeed windows updates.

p.s.
I am of norton bondage until I install new OS to my computer.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You are in Norton bondage you just have to use Norton Removal tool and after that use Revo Uninstaller Pro to delete
any leftover traces.When i used Norton Removal tool i have to say it did a very good job.
I hope i have helped

Reactions: frogboy

breathejustice

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
You are in Norton bondage you just have to use Norton Removal tool and after that use Revo Uninstaller Pro to delete
any leftover traces.When i used Norton Removal tool i have to say it did a very good job.
I hope i have helped
I had removed norton using norton removal tool, but it does not help.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Then your other option is Revo Uninstaller Pro i am using for years and it never let me down;)
Revo has an option to install every software with Revo so any changes are made to the system Revo is monitoring them
so it's much easier to uninstall a product;)

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Then it technically isn't Birtdefender or kaspersky, it's that Norton won't completely remove itself from your system preventing other software from working correctly.

Norton comes with my preinstalled Windows 8, but all I had to do was use program files... no need for Norton removal tool or anything like that. Must be an issue with Norton on Windows 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoraMurdar

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@dpcoupons : I will not encourage users to use product that is under of being questionnable + especially past track records that known to act likely a Rogue AV even its will recognize. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.