EX(3S$ System Securiry Configuration

EX(3S$

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 9, 2016
Thanks, i'm added OPSWAT's Metadefender Scanner for On-demand scan :)
And thinking to remove Advanced SystemCare, but i'm lazzy

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
looks good, you have everything you need but there are better options for some things. For example I would get HMPA over MBAA. And since you already have HMP and Zemana there's no point in having malwarebytes. Its just taking up system resources for nothing IMO.

Reactions: EX(3S$

EX(3S$

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 9, 2016
looks good, you have everything you need but there are better options for some things. For example I would get HMPA over MBAA. And since you already have HMP and Zemana there's no point in having malwarebytes. Its just taking up system resources for nothing IMO.

this day i see the report of scan like this for Zemana, so i use Malwarebytes for any reason

But here is ok

http://imgur.com/a/JZTdx

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would personally remove Advanced System Care. :) With you're config Zemana, Malwarebytes, HMP, and maybe HerdProtect would be fine for on demand scanning. @LukeNukesEm he is probally using just HMP. Malwarebytes AE is pretty light on the computer so there should be nothing to worry about. :)

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I would personally remove Advanced System Care. :) With you're config Zemana, Malwarebytes, HMP, and maybe HerdProtect would be fine for on demand scanning. @LukeNukesEm he is probally using just HMP. Malwarebytes AE is pretty light on the computer so there should be nothing to worry about. :)
Not the AE the AM should be removed. Malwarebytes AE isn't terrible but IMO HMPA is better. Although you are right about light effect, theres still no reason to just have it there lol.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
KIS by itself would be enough real time protection.Not sure why you are using Private Firewall when you have a solid Firewall included in KIS.
You could probably eliminate Herd Protect from on demand scanners.
I would consider getting rid of ABD and using uBlock Origin however +1 for Adguard
Thanks for sharing your config :)

EX(3S$

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 9, 2016
KIS by itself would be enough real time protection.Not sure why you are using Private Firewall when you have a solid Firewall included in KIS.
You could probably eliminate herdProtect from on demand scanners.
I would consider getting rid of ABD and using uBlock Origin however +1 for Adguard
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Privatefirewall I use for monitoring the changes and application, herdProtect I used only for be more accurate with samples from malcode, ASC I will remove this week because I tested on virtual machine and I keeped the configuration, about the HitmanAlert, I decide to keep the MAE, I know the difference between this two but I'm old style, I know what I click, plus I have OPSWAT Metadefender Essential to can manage the scripts exploit, I testing now the VoodooShield, to change two softs from on-demand.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Not the AE the AM should be removed. Malwarebytes AE isn't terrible but IMO HMPA is better. Although you are right about light effect, theres still no reason to just have it there lol.

Although Malwarebytes AM has had its quality diminish its not a bad idea to keep. HMP can't possibly detect everything MB does and vice versa :)

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration :)

You can try Kerish Doctor such replacement for Advance SystemCare which proven to be safe against possible issues.

Meanwhile, I recommend to have flexible backup pattern (system image) and password manager (for your storing security details).

EX(3S$

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 9, 2016
Fine configuration :)

You can try Kerish Doctor such replacement for Advance SystemCare which proven to be safe against possible issues.
Meanwhile, I recommend to have flexible backup pattern (system image) and password manager (for your storing security details).

I will check it, thank you for reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.