_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Why no backup's ? I can see for the cloud servers, but the rest should have and client protection of some
sort so that in the event of a crash or a tarded employee you rollback. While I was involved with gaming sites
I had a backup after each update or change myself or the admins made, if there were none for that month
we made a backup anyway, and stored that till the next month. I hope the clients had backups.
I can imagine the law suites that may fall on Verelox from customers claiming all kinds of levels of data loss and
while I feel for them, this could have been prevented, or at least made far less damaging.
I sure hope Verelox learns from this. wow :rolleyes:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Why no backup's ? I can see for the cloud servers, but the rest should have and client protection of some
sort so that in the event of a crash or a tarded employee you rollback. While I was involved with gaming sites
I had a backup after each update or change myself or the admins made, if there were none for that month
we made a backup anyway, and stored that till the next month. I hope the clients had backups.
I can imagine the law suites that may fall on Verelox from customers claiming all kinds of levels of data loss and
while I feel for them, this could have been prevented, or at least made far less damaging.
He must have deleted the backups too.
I don't know about Verelox, but I am sure it's a good lesson for all other companies.

D

Deleted member 178

he is THE admin, he has full power on every aspect of the network; he could even wipe all machines clean if he wanted...

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I actually think i wouldn't mind all my data being wiped. I could start afresh , imagine.... a whole new identity, i could be anyone i wanted to be ;)
That would have been great if that was the case, but I don't think that's the situation here. The data deleted maybe mission critical for some individuals/organisations. And the dent put on the company's image is huge.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
For all intents and purposes this individual killed the hosting company and probably some others who lost mission critical data. An absolute lack of ethics as far as I'm concerned. Nothing Verelox did to him justify his actions.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
For all intents and purposes this individual killed the hosting company and probably some others who lost mission critical data. An absolute lack of ethics as far as I'm concerned. Nothing Verelox did to him justify his actions.
Disguntled EX-employee - out to get revenge from looks of it...;)
I know the feeling - been in a similar situation, but wouldn't do that to anyone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.