5 / 5
User Interface
4 / 5
CPU/RAM/Storage
Fair Usage

BigDataAir

Thread author
Nov 5, 2018
Here is an in-depth review of ExpressVPN.

As many of you don't know exactly which one to prefer - ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
This should help you out.

Located offshore, in the British Virgin Islands. Founded in 2009 by ExpressVPN International Ltd.

SECURITY:
256-bit SSL encryption. No leaks found in IPv4, IPv6, WebRTC addresses.

SPEED:
The United States server ping went up by 609.52%. Download decreased by -24.11% and upload by -25.33%.
The United Kingdom server ping went up by 319.05%. Download decreased by -8.16% and upload by -16%.
Tokyo server ping went up by 1647.62%. Download decreased by -5.67% and upload by -57.33%.

BADASS FEATURES:
Kill-switch and double-hop

OVERALL:
Expressvpn is probably the best VPN there is. The only downside is the price.
Compared to NordVPN - it's a bit faster, but again, the price is higher. NordVPN is way more budget.

Thanks!
Let me know, what is your experience with ExpressVPN?

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have been using it for about a month now, it is fast, the only odd thing is the time between being connected and actually able to use the internet.

I can connect and having it showing "connected" almost immediately but it can take several minutes before I am actually able load a web site, after that it is fine.

I am just not sure why there is such a long delay, suspiciously long.

Jimbo791

Level 2
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
I have had the feeling for sometime that many VPns are owned by the security services. Windscribe, seed4.me and expressVPN seem to be safe and are VPNs I would use

Reactions: vtqhtr413

BigDataAir

Thread author
Nov 5, 2018
I have been using it for about a month now, it is fast, the only odd thing is the time between being connected and actually able to use the internet.

I can connect and having it showing "connected" almost immediately but it can take several minutes before I am actually able load a web site, after that it is fine.

This is probably caused by high ping.
Out of curiosity, what is your original country and where are you connecting? If you connect to a country closer to you, is there still a long delay?

Anyway, the lowest ping I have got is surprisingly with Psiphon. However, it's not a safe VPN and their download speed decreases almost double compared to ExpressVPN. So, it' kinda tricky.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018

I use Express VPN for a long time and i immediately have a connection when the vpn is connected.
No need to wait.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I used both and still prefer NordVPN, here's why:

Pros:
  • Connect to the best location
  • Special servers: P2P, Onion over VPN, double VPN, dedicated IP
  • Internet Killswitch
  • Application Killswitch
  • CyberSec (malware protection in-browser when connected to VPN)
  • Invisibility on LAN
  • Custom DNS
  • Obfuscated servers
  • 24/7 support chat and e-mail
  • Really price accesible
Cons:
  • Recent data sharing scandal (they claim it's false)
  • Lately it bugged several times with best location (connected me in Asia)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.