Battle ExpressVPN or stay with IVPN

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

So basically, you are using probably the best VPN on the market in term of privacy/anonymity, but considering downgrading to one "not so trustful"?

Points to consider:

1- what are your needs? privacy or speed? if privacy, you know already the answer.
2- did you test ExpressVPN to have an idea of the speed difference? is it that big?

Chausko

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2018
So basically, you are using probably the best VPN on the market in term of privacy/anonymity, but considering downgrading to one "not so trustful"?

Points to consider:

1- what are your needs? privacy or speed? if privacy, you know already the answer.
2- did you test ExpressVPN to have an idea of the speed difference? is it that big?
Only in P2P. IVPN average speed - 3Mb/s - ExpressVPN - 11Mb/s. But privacy is more for me, like speed. So, really ExpressVPN is not trust company?

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Okay it is not a VPN, but just a proxy hiding your real IP address, why not consider Opera, it is free and fast

Speedtest from Amsterdam (causes high ping test result), my cable speed is 100 down, 10 up and the test is done over wireless!

1580560206557.png

Reactions: Cortex

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hello, I have IVPN. Its awesome VPN. I trust them, but speeds is average. ExpressVPN has awesome speeds and torrent speeds (P2P), but how is it with trust? I read this article: ExpressVPN Really Based in Hong Kong? – VPNscam.com
Is ExpressVPN "indepentent" or is like CyberGhost or PIA? (Kape Technologies)
Thank you.
Just some side questions

1) Does IVPN has a dedicated android app? If yes, does it comes with a dedicated Kill Switch or it uses android OS Kill Switch?

2) Is there double hop VPN for its android? If yes, is it on pre-selected pairs or can the user select the servers? If pre-selected pairs how many are there?

3) Does IVPN (Windows and android) works in China?

Thanks

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I'm using IVPN, my Express licence expired in December & after using them IMO they are over hyped & not as good as some 'reviews' suggest - For less money there is Windscribe which can be had at low price & is as good as Express. I find IVPN speeds are as good if not better than any VPN I've used. Also consider 'Perfect Privacy' & 'AIR VPN'.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I'm using IVPN, my Express licence expired in December & after using them IMO they are over hyped & not as good as some 'reviews' suggest - For less money there is Windscribe which can be had at low price & is as good as Express. I find IVPN speeds are as good if not better than any VPN I've used. Also consider 'Perfect Privacy' & 'AIR VPN'.
To me, baremetal servers is first criteria, i don't even care to consider Virtual Servers based VPNs (aka Nord and all those with huge number of servers).

Chausko

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2018
Just some side questions

1) Does IVPN has a dedicated android app? If yes, does it comes with a dedicated Kill Switch or it uses android OS Kill Switch?

2) Is there double hop VPN for its android? If yes, is it on pre-selected pairs or can the user select the servers? If pre-selected pairs how many are there?

Thanks
Screenshot_2020-02-01-14-11-14-040_net.ivpn.client.jpg
1, Yes. IVPN has own Kill Switch.
2, Yes. You can select 2 servers.
IMG_20200201_141243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chausko

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2018
Just some side questions

Thanks
And for 3) I dont know, if IVPN working in China.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I still using only 1 server. Multi hop on screenshot was for answer for HarbourFront.
In my opinion a better comparison choice for you would've been Perfect Privacy or Mullvad vs IVPN rather than ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is more likely to be compared with NordVPN, a scale down in privacy quality IMO.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
To me, baremetal servers is first criteria, i don't even care to consider Virtual Servers based VPNs (aka Nord and all those with huge number of servers).
Agree less is often better, Nord & Express IMHO are not that good but for unknown reasons appear at the top of lots of VPN reviews, with Mullad, IVPN, and others low down, I can't think why that is??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@Chausko

Thanks for the replies

One question on AntiTracker and Hardcore Mode

Does the Windows and android app shows what's being blocked? If yes, can show screenshot? Or we have to take IVPN word that trackers (Google, FB, YouTube, Instagram etc) are being blocked?

Thanks again

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

@Chausko

Thanks for the replies

One question on AntiTracker and Hardcore Mode

Does the Windows and android app shows what's being blocked? If yes, can show screenshot? Or we have to take IVPN word that trackers (Google, FB, YouTube, Instagram etc) are being blocked?

Thanks again
i don't believe there is any logs.
It is the same situation if you trust their DNS or not. You don't know what domains they block.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.