Troubleshoot Extend trial period

rohan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Is it possible to extend the trial period of software? Solve my query.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Is it possible to extend the trial period of software? Solve my query.
Usually the trial period in the security products case is limited to 30 days, and when you install a software there will be installed registry keys and files which will remain on your machine even after you uninstall a product, so that you may not abuse the trial period.
The trial period is given to test the software before you buy it, so usually it cannot be extended above its duration.
Now, for which product do you want to extend the trial so that we may discus on a case and not in theory ? :)_

Upvote 0

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Did you mean Advanced System Care? well as far as I know there are many giveaways for ASC, just google it you might find it easily
If I understand you correctly, you were asking about how to extend a trial period or to reset the trial, yes you can do that if you know what you are doing, and there is an automatic tools for that (to reset trial period) however it's illegal and it's considered as piracy, my advice..stay away from those tools, better using open sourced softwares or the free one.

Upvote 0

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
In theory you can by modifying the registry, but I'm not going to talk in detail as it's not reccommended. Note that there is no way to extend a trial legally. Search for free versions if you need it. MT doesn't allow talk about this, somebody might as well close this topic.

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
The only way to extend trial periods of software is torrents (Which I don't recommend) I think you should just pay for the software you like and support the developers.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As Jack pointed out the trial period of a software is free for a specified time period so that you may try the software before purchasing it.These are for Paid products.If you could(legally)extend the trial period the vendor would not be in business.There are usually registry entries leftover so that you may not keep trying the software without paying.Some trials can even require changing the MAC address to reset a trial.
You must remember though that the trial software is the property of the vendor.Any manipulation of the software(including registry entries) is considered illegal.Trial reset programs also fall under that category. Even if you think a trial reset program is not malicious I wouldnt touch it unless you were the one who made it.
We have many vendors who graciously giveaway free licenses for their products so that we may offer them to our members.It would not be in our or our members best interest to allow posting cracks,trial reset programs or discussing ways of manipulating the trial period of software.Not only for that fact but also the security of our members.
Obviously if a trial software period is still valid and there is a legitimate giveaway for a license trial or extended trial period this is an acceptable and legal way of getting a longer trial period.

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.