exterminator20 Config : Post Windows 10.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
New updated Security Config following the release of Windows 10

{Asus ROG} Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 10 Pro Dual Boot > KIS 2016/ESS 8

{Personal Build Desktop} Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8.1 Pro Dual Boot > KIS 2016/Emsisoft Internet Security 10

{Lenovo Laptop} Windows 10 Home > ESS 8

{Sony Laptop} Windows 10 Pro > ESS 8

{HP Laptop} Windows 7 Ultimate > KIS 2016

*All OS are 64-bit

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Excellent job. How are you liking ESET and Emsisoft??

I really like Emsisoft Internet Security Pack on Windows 7.Updates are less frequent than older versions and hardly notice it on my system.It provides excellent protection.I don't mind that it's a little chatty,I prefer that,keeps me on my toes.

I have always liked ESET especially when Windows 8 was released.I found it to be one of the few Security Suites that ran without bugs.Version 7 is even better than version 6 and runs awesome on Windows 8.1 very light and absolutely no problems.

Both are great programs and this setup seems to work well for me right now.On another old HP laptop I use ESS 7 because due to the fact it is older and the specs ESS 7,because it runs so light,is a better option than EIS.I have used EIS on this laptop and it does work well however ESS 7 seems to be a better fit

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Updated & edited my most recent security config following the release of Windows 10

{Asus ROG} Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 10 Pro Dual Boot > KIS 2016/ESS 8

{Personal Build Desktop} Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 8.1 Pro Dual Boot > KIS 2016/Emsisoft Internet Security 10

{Lenovo Laptop} Windows 10 Home > ESS 8

{Sony Laptop} Windows 10 Pro > ESS 8

{HP Laptop} Windows 7 Ultimate > KIS 2016

*All OS are 64-bit

Using Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro

Firefox is default browser & Chrome is a second browser

Using KIS 2016 right now on Windows 7 Installations due to EIS conflict with VB
ESS 8 on Windows 10 until EIS 10 compatibility issues are fixed

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
@exterminator20

Emsi states EIS10 issue with MS network drivers has been fixed. However, it looks as if you desire to stick with version 9...
Sorry my bad I am using EIS 10 :oops: but if they have fixed it I will definitely install it and give it a go.Thanks :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.