New Update F-Secure 19.2 released

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I'm not sure as far as 19.2 with Internet Security. With Total Security, that option is shown in Settings/Secure browsing. So I don't know if you need to make that transition into Total Security for that option to display? Maybe @upnorth has a better handle on that than I do. Or, just try uninstalling and reinstalling it?
I just showed another user the setting for the Trusted Shopping feature, and it's the exact same as in post #10. It's a feature that at the moment only exist in the TOTAL version. I can not see it in the Internet Security ( IS ) version ( previous SAFE ) installed on my VM.
2023-12-13_19-57-03.png

Also is the official info from F-Secure so not sure how member @Bill K can have it in his IS version. :unsure:

2023-12-13_19-44-24.png

If one see the feature as in this screenshot ( Secure Browsing/Trusted Shopping ), and because the Tamper protection is in place and " greyed out " the On/Off button, one have to click the Edit settings first.

2023-12-13_19-28-54.png

I do agree it can be sensitive on some sites so it's for sure in need of improvements.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Called F-Secure support since I wasn't able to upgrade my installation of IS to Total as their site stated. Very helpful support found that my account was for SAFE which converted to IS, but that my license is not eligible for upgrade to TOTAL. They checked and found that the Trusted Shopping feature wasn't supposed to go to IS users and was only intended for TOTAL users, and that explains why I don't see the options to disable it. They are now aware of this problem and will contact me via email with updates, but the Trusted Shopping feature will hopefully be removed from my version in a future update.
Good catch, because it must have been a real hick-up. Glad to see you was able to contact the support and report it. (y)

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I just showed another user the setting for the Trusted Shopping feature, and it's the exact same as in post #10. It's a feature that at the moment only exist in the TOTAL version. I can not see it in the Internet Security ( IS ) version ( previous SAFE ) installed on my VM.

Also is the official info from F-Secure so not sure how member @Bill K can have it in his IS version. :unsure:

View attachment 280265

If one see the feature as in this screenshot ( Secure Browsing/Trusted Shopping ), and because the Tamper protection is in place and " greyed out " the On/Off button, one have to click the Edit settings first.

View attachment 280262

I do agree it can be sensitive on some sites so it's for sure in need of improvements.
The rep I spoke with confirmed that Trusted Shopping is not supposed to be on IS (only intended for TOTAL) however it's popping up (pun intended) in my installation, but I don't have any settings for the feature in the Secure Browsing section as you show above. He said that the problem has been logged and they'll be working on it, hopefully removing the feature from the IS version I have. It just started showing up in the last day or two and he checked the version of 19.2 I have installed. I asked if I should uninstall and reinstall F-Secure and he didn't think that would accomplish anything.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The rep I spoke with confirmed that Trusted Shopping is not supposed to be on IS (only intended for TOTAL) however it's popping up (pun intended) in my installation, but I don't have any settings for the feature in the Secure Browsing section as you show above. He said that the problem has been logged and they'll be working on it, hopefully removing the feature from the IS version I have. It just started showing up in the last day or two and he checked the version of 19.2 I have installed. I asked if I should uninstall and reinstall F-Secure and he didn't think that would accomplish anything.
I just tested it on a shopping site in my VM ( IS ) and compared with my Host ( TOTAL ), and I can also now confirm this is 100% for sure a bug. As you say, it seems as something recent as I can't recall it before.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Called F-Secure support since I wasn't able to upgrade my installation of IS to Total as their site stated. Very helpful support....

I've called support twice. The first call was to extend the number of licenses about 3 weeks after I had made the initial purchase, no problem, they took care of it.
The second call was to verify my renewal and confirm what I was paying and for and how long (options), again, very friendly and helpful support :)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I've called support twice. The first call was to extend the number of licenses about 3 weeks after I had made the initial purchase, no problem, they took care of it.
The second call was to verify my renewal and confirm what I was paying and for and how long (options), again, very friendly and helpful support :)
I'm curious as when I called I always talked to them even in Swedish and their normally fluent in English. How has the language experience been for you native English guys?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
The rep I contacted spoke English very well , and when I asked where he was located I was told Malaysia.
My second call was recent enough that I do remember what sounded like a Finnish, or Scandinavian accent and I was picturing him sitting in a A-frame log cabin house, snow outside, and a fire in the fireplace sipping on some Koskenkorva as we were talking...lol, my cartoon bubble imagination :)

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Hopefully they'll get a fix released soon to remove the feature from IS installations.
We're actively addressing the notification issue and are currently in the testing phase of a fix that will offer improved configurability. Rest assured, we'll keep you informed once the solution is available.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Guys!
I would like to ask how the windows below can be permanently removed? At the bottom right when I go to a page, it pops up. And I can't turn it off because I can't find an option! Who was the idiot who came up with this????

59748_lhog9uxbgk8nhxtc_fsecure01.jpg

Képernyőkép 2023-12-14 084845.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I would like to ask how the windows below can be permanently removed? At the bottom right when I go to a page, it pops up. And I can't turn it off because I can't find an option! Who was the idiot who came up with this????
If you actually read the posts, urls and also the quotes not just in this thread, but also on F-Secures own forum you should know by now that in the Internet Security version, you can't turn this off because it's a Bug. F-Secure is officially working on a fix that I even posted a link/url + a direct quote on so please try to show some patience. I have zero info or knowledge on any ETA, but if I hear any I will share it.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
If you actually read the posts, urls and also the quotes not just in this thread, but also on F-Secures own forum you should know by now that in the Internet Security version, you can't turn this off because it's a Bug. F-Secure is officially working on a fix that I even posted a link/url + a direct quote on so please try to show some patience. I have zero info or knowledge on any ETA, but if I hear any I will share it.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't get this window and read the thread late.
However, the problem is that I don't have Internet Security, I have Total.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Nevi

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I didn't get this window and read the thread late.
However, the problem is that I don't have Internet Security, I have Total.
If you can't even disable the feature in the Total version the bug might be worse then reported, but that I can not reproduce = notice on my own system with Total. I tested back and forward a few times with Edge, Firefox and Opera and got the same result in all. Disabled/Off in Total works as intended and I get zero popups. When enabled, the popups works again.

The basic steps to disable in the Total version it is to open the Settings menu, check the option for " Administrator rights are needed to edit some settings ". Click on " Edit settings ", then on the left side panel for Secure Browsing, find the Trusted Shopping feature and click the option for On to Off. Now close the browser tab, open it again and test.

2023-12-13_19-28-54-png.280262

If that don't even work, sure you can start try to fiddle with a re-install, but as it's a confirmed bug and a fix is to be released I doubt it would help much.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Ha nem is tudja letiltani a funkciót a Total verzióban, akkor a hiba rosszabb lehet a jelentettnél, de ezt nem tudom reprodukálni = észreveszem a saját rendszeremen a Total segítségével. Néhányszor előre-hátra teszteltem Edge, Firefox és Opera segítségével, és ugyanazt az eredményt kaptam. A Total-ban letiltva/kikapcsolva a rendeltetésszerűen működik, és nulla előugró ablakot kapok. Ha engedélyezve van, a felugró ablakok újra működnek.

A teljes verzióban a letiltásának alapvető lépései a Beállítások menü megnyitása, és a "Bizonyos beállítások szerkesztéséhez rendszergazdai jogok szükségesek" opció bejelölése. Kattintson a "Beállítások szerkesztése" lehetőségre, majd a Biztonságos böngészés bal oldali paneljén keresse meg a Megbízható vásárlás funkciót, és kattintson a Be és Ki lehetőségre. Most zárja be a böngésző lapot, nyissa meg újra, és tesztelje.

2023-12-13_19-28-54-png.280262

Ha még ez sem működik, biztosan elkezdheti az újratelepítést, de mivel ez egy megerősített hiba, és egy javítást ki kell adni, kétlem, hogy sokat segítene.

As I wrote, I have the Total version. All the functions work in the program. The function you show is not available for me! Below is the picture. So there is nothing to turn off! But the popup window is annoying as hell. I also did the F-Secure reinstall and used the uninstal tool.

Képernyőkép 2023-12-14 104008.png
Képernyőkép 2023-12-14 104120.png

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
As I wrote, I have the Total version. All the functions work in the program. The function you show is not available for me! Below is the picture. So there is nothing to turn off! But the popup window is annoying as hell. I also did the F-Secure reinstall and used the uninstal tool.
If you haven't already, please post/share this also on their forum. Thankfully so far I can turn the Trusted Shopping feature Off in my own Total version. 🤞

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.