Advice Request F-Secure advanced network protection in action

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Hello! I have got my hands on fresh malicious urls and have decided to give F-Secure a try.

Screenshot (23).pngScreenshot (22).png

Comodo has detected none of them. Anyway, does anyone here know anything about this component and how it works? Or it is just a fancy name? I have searched their community for answers but nothing useful.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Some web sites contain exploits and other harmful files that may harm your computer. With advanced network protection, you can prevent any application from downloading harmful files before they reach your computer.
F-Secure Help Center

Advanced network protection ( ANP ) is enabled by default and works even if Windows Firewall ( WF ) is turned off for any reason. It's makes it harder for malware thats able to kill/shut down WF.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hello! I have got my hands on fresh malicious urls and have decided to give F-Secure a try.

Comodo has detected none of them. Anyway, does anyone here know anything about this component and how it works? Or it is just a fancy name? I have searched their community for answers but nothing useful.
Previously Advanced network module would n't come into action if we allow the harmful URL manually. The file auto downloads.
In the recent Updates they have linked to other module as well..Really like that
Force rigid approach. Nah we can't allow harmful files as long as we protect you _>
Even if you allow URL !

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
What is the context , did you visit a site while surfing which tried to plant malware or some other setup ? Was the image part of the web page or you were trying to explicitly download it ?

Reactions: bayasdev
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.