Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Hi Everyone. Which of these two products do you think offers the best protection against zero day threats? I like both but I'm not sure which one to go with. Thanks!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Emsisoft have their powerful Behavioural Blocker, Mamutu integrated in their Anti-Malware software.
F-Secure Antivirus features Application Permissions, but lacks their DeepGuard 5 technology that is included in Internet Security - which may be the better option in terms of comparing with EAM.

No vote has been given, as I've not used either for real world use. Only reading from their website(s).

Not to mention, it's highly unlikely you'll be dealing with zero-day threats, for the average PC user - unless you're not-the-average-being and working on a top secret assignment but you disguise yourself as an average being. :D

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Both work on the engines Bitdefender) They have approximately the same quality of protection.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, but an AV engine that runs on definitions, won't stop a zero-day threat without that definition. Of course there is the cloud-aspect, but say you're temporary disconnected from the Internet during your encounter.

So you have to look at other aspects of what security software has to offer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.