Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

I have just obtained a free license for F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and wanted your advice/opinions on whether F-Secure is any good. I've seen reviews online e.g., The PC Security Channel and it did an excellent job in protecting the system, detection on new samples was excellent. Would you choose and use F-Secure?

Tony :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Hi Everyone:

I have just obtained a free license for F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and wanted your advice/opinions on whether F-Secure is any good. I've seen reviews online e.g., The PC Security Channel and it did an excellent job in protecting the system, detection on new samples was excellent. Would you choose and use F-Secure?

Off topic, where did you get your free serial from? Thanks!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi Everyone:

F-secure is a good product that can be compare to other players, with their own signature Deepguard as behavior blocker. However some may concern about the performance issue that's quite heavy.

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
Yes it's good. Even though it has a lot of processes I still found it not to drag my system down. Do note that if you uninstall it, you will have lots and lots of left over registry entries(over 500 on my machine) and folders.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
How do you remove the registry keys, I've run their removal tool etc.,?

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
How do you remove the registry keys, I've run their removal tool etc.,?

The only registry cleaner I trust is Power Tools Lite free. But I just used Revo Uninstaller portable free, and used the advanced option to uninstall F-Secure. Do note that if you search the registry there will still be some registry keys left especially in Legacy, but I just leave them. It's easy to break operating system messing with registry keys, so I don't recommend doing it unless you know 100% that it's ok to delete.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
F Secure is very good.F-Secure's DeepGuard system monitors active processes and flags suspicious behavior, including attempts by suspect programs to access the Internet. Blockt maliciouse websites,has Banking protection and Facebook privacy checking.
It is very light on system and it doesn't slow down your PC.

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
I'm kinda mixed on F-Secure. Most of the computers at the school I work for have F-Secure, yet almost EVERY sample I found got through F-Secure. Thankfully, most of them got detected as soon as I tried to upload it or put it on my USB to upload it at home.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I'm kinda mixed on F-Secure. Most of the computers at the school I work for have F-Secure, yet almost EVERY sample I found got through F-Secure. Thankfully, most of them got detected as soon as I tried to upload it or put it on my USB to upload it at home.
did you run the samples or just scan them? Running the samples would give better results

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
I didn't run them, since I wanted to avoid infecting school pc's. Also, on the worst infected computers I set the scan to scan the computer each morning before classes start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.