Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Hello,
We are very happy to announce that we are releasing today a new version of ISTP, TP87 and this version will also become the first Beta release of Internet Security 2014! The beta phase for Internet Security 2014 Beta lasts for six weeks approximately after which we will continue with the normal ISTP cycles.
This release includes bug fixes to the issues reported from previous releases and new user interface for Online Safety and Launch Pad. For the full listing of changes please refer to the release notes.
Your current installation gets the new version through the update channel automatically within 24 hours from receiving this email. If you encounter any issues with the latest version, please report them as soon as possible through https://beta.f-secure.com
Thank you all for your contributions so far and hope you enjoy the ride with us in future also!
Best Regards,
F-Secure Beta Piloting Team
screenshot20130528001.png

screenshot20130528002.png

screenshot20130528003.png

screenshot20130528004.png

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is what's new in this version:

1. HTTPS Support – Online Safety now supports also sites served through HTTPS thus being able to display rating icons and block pages when operating through HTTPS sites.
  2. Revamped User Interface – The interface is going through a complete makeover. You may still see some old windows, but those will be changed soon.
  3. Gaming mode – Gaming mode makes sure you have all the resources available for your game and no popups or alerts will interrupt your gaming experience.
  4. Deepguard 5 -DeepGuard 5 introduces an exploit interception module that recognizes and blocks attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in installed programs, preventing malware infection.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Is there no Firewall Control yet.
I mean they are still using windows firewall and application cannot be control ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Spirit said:
I mean they are still using windows firewall and application cannot be control ?

Probably the control will direct to Windows Firewall itself configuration unless added like Firewall Booster from Trend Micro,

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like the look of the new interface. Nice and simple.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
jamescv7 said:
Spirit said:

Probably the control will direct to Windows Firewall itself configuration unless added like Firewall Booster from Trend Micro,

I am not a fan of security suite which does not allow user to control application for inbound/outbound control.
If I have to use simple firewall I will go with windows firewall and Simple AV not security suite.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:

I think Trend's the only one at the moment that does that. :-/

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
jamescv7 said:

I think Trend's the only one at the moment that does that. :-/

If I am correct they still don't allow to control inbound/outbound connection of other application like webroot does.

In such case I find its useless and it just for the user satisfaction that it boosted windows firewall (Its just my opinion)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Spirit said:
If I am correct they still don't allow to control inbound/outbound connection of other application like webroot does.

In such case I find its useless and it just for the user satisfaction that it boosted windows firewall (Its just my opinion)

No, they don't because that is what the Windows Firewall.

Quote from Trend,

Firewall Booster feature is intended to provide network vulnerability detection and anti- botnet protection.

Firewall Booster has these key features:
  • Works with Windows Firewall, but runs independently. Enabling Firewall Booster does not enable the Windows Firewall, and Firewall Booster does not register itself to Windows Security Center (WSC).
  • Link to Window Firewall provided within the configuration setting
  • Works with third-party firewalls

Source

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Dima007 said:
there is a download link, without register?

Hmm.. unfortunately none yet posted a link which direct for a third party site and it could caused problem from policy when its distributed without prior permissions.

Unless its been leaked somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.