Battle F-Secure Internet Security 2016 VS Norton Security 2016

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
In my opinion, Norton gives you a better protection. He has SONAR( Behavior protection), very good feature.
Fsecure uses Bitdefender engine but isn't the best AV according AV Comparatives.
Norton is light, has strong firewall, good signatures and cloud reputation + Sonar protection for zero-day threats.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For cloud technologies then Norton as established a well matured framework compare to F-secure.

In terms of second component, Sonar makes the concept straight to the point although Deepguard of F-secure rely more to better accuracy through cloud too.

In such user friendly and straightforward then go to Norton.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Looking at the youtube The PC Security Channel, Norton failed big time, let everything run. Yet, F-Secure did very well, add in Sandboxie; change a few settings, this should be enough, F-Secure's web filter works with Sandboxie, plus blocks webpages, as does Malwarebytes. So, after all that I choose F-Secure. Merry Christmas!!!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton has a solid foundation, and with that you know exactly what you are getting. It's a product that has been progressively improved with each version, and you know customer feedback is being heard, from higher ratings.
F-Secure relies on a third-party engine's technologies, so no guarantees about consistent protection for every year of licensing.
As written here:
I would rather pay for Norton Security, optimised database with decent signatures, powerful behaviour-based SONAR detection, built-in Firewall, Web and Browser protection.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A few months back i tried F-Secure.It's a good product with good Web blocker and a good Behavioral Blocker.
But in comparison with Norton F-Secure rely's on Windows Firewall which is good but luck's outbound protection.
Also F-Secure was a bit heavy on my system and my browsing was a little slow.
On the other hand Norton has great Web blocker,Sonar module seems to work great,
it's very light on my system and i don't notice any slow downs so far;).
So my choice for the poll is Norton.

Reactions: frogboy

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations/Greeting!

@Tony Cole,

Post #6

"Looking at the youtube The PC Security Channel, Norton failed big time, let everything run. Yet, F-Secure did very well, add in Sandboxie; change a few settings, this should be enough, F-Secure's web filter works with Sandboxie, plus blocks webpages, as does Malwarebytes. So, after all that I choose F-Secure. Merry Christmas!!!"

Could you share the settings changes? And is there slow down within the PC?

Kind regards,

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I choose F Secure.
symantec is one of the worst company in the world, they blocked iranian users without any reason(just for obey usa government law),it seems they work for USA governments and all of u know who are them!
truth must known and i hope no one trust this worst company...

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
another American company do't do the same (same as viper,webroot,malwarebytes) just symantec do it :)

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I used F-Secure Internet Security in the past. And it was great. Very high detection rate. The only downside was its high price.

I have also had a 1-year subscription for Norton Internet Security like in 2010 and it wasn't too bad either.

Overall, F-Secure is better!

Reactions: omidomi

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I choose F Secure.
symantec is one of the worst company in the world, they blocked iranian users without any reason(just for obey usa government law),it seems they work for USA governments and all of u know who are them!
truth must known and i hope no one trust this worst company...
Now now, lets not all jump to the bandwagon of accusations. There is always reasons behind certain actions.

Now on topic:
F-secure relies on 3rd party signatures as previously said, while use Windows Firewall as a core of their firewall protection. (anything wrong with that? no)

Symantec: Known as one of the Giants for at least a decade. Have improved a lot throughout its releases, have a very well established cloud feature (SONAR), their Firewall protection is non intrusive and works, just like Windows Firewall.

Now based on above, I would rather pay for a solution that uses its own technology and signatures than third party. Also, Symantec has proven to be trustworhty.

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Now now, lets not all jump to the bandwagon of accusations. There is always reasons behind certain actions.

Now on topic:
F-secure relies on 3rd party signatures as previously said, while use Windows Firewall as a core of their firewall protection. (anything wrong with that? no)

Symantec: Known as one of the Giants for at least a decade. Have improved a lot throughout its releases, have a very well established cloud feature (SONAR), their Firewall protection is non intrusive and works, just like Windows Firewall.

Now based on above, I would rather pay for a solution that uses its own technology and signatures than third party. Also, Symantec has proven to be trustworhty.
first of all trust in security is more important than security.
yup in compare between two softwares norton is better i know.
but this company show we can't trust them.(they work with usa government if they want spy on u symantec do it easily :D u pay for spying on u :D )
they have good software but emmm... :D
if u want spying by usa government and belevie them yup i agree :D
but i do't suggest security+usa watch doging :D

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.