App Review F-Secure SAFE 18.5

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the F-Secure test!
F-Secure is a relatively well-known Finnish antivirus.
Formerly based on the Bitdefender engine, it has been using the Avira engine for some time.
The product has improved a lot over the years, so let's see what it's all about.

The interface does not change except for the Dark Mode that has been added.
The protection has been improved!
F-Secure has improved its AMSI protection, it is finally able to effectively block attacks!
DeepGuard also benefits from a nice improvement by blocking threats correctly.
F-Secure also has the luxury of improving its own engine to be less dependent on Avira and this is an excellent surprise!

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 12 files out of 168.
A nice improvement from F-Secure on AMSI and DeepGuard protection!
F-Secure was able to improve its weaknesses. Encouragement

Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
F-Secure : 0
NPE : 3
KVRT : 4

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : The system is protected, there are just remnants of blocked malware

jagaa94

Verified
Apr 29, 2022
Hi guys, what do you think about this product, is it worth the money and really lightweight to the system, because I play with video games and I don't really want to have a heavy antivirus app, but I'm quite impressed with the results. Currently I'm using K7 Total Security, but I'm not sure a hundred percent that it can protect me from threats besides user awareness.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi guys, what do you think about this product, is it worth the money and really lightweight to the system, because I play with video games and I don't really want to have a heavy antivirus app, but I'm quite impressed with the results. Currently I'm using K7 Total Security, but I'm not sure a hundred percent that it can protect me from threats besides user awareness.

You can take F-Secure, it is very light and protects very well as I have shown

Thanks for the test !! Excellent video
Where to change F-secure into dark mode ?? Haven't found that option ...

Your PC must be in dark mode via Windows

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
AV is a prophylactic. Immunization does not guarantee that you will never be infected.
Backup is a cure.

I think that users' opinions about F-Secure are divided more on the lack of configuration items than on the superiority of the protection. This is also true for emisi.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.