Compare list
ESET Internet Security or AntiVirus
Emsisoft Antimalware
F-Secure (really expensive :( )

Botsaska

Thread author
Mar 30, 2019
Hello,

I'm new here. I registered for help because i watched lot of review videos but i can' decide. I know the best advice is try to softwares but i want to know your experience.
Last virus on my computer was in 2010, so usually i know what i'm doing. But "The devil never sleep" and i have important files and work so i have to use security software beside data backup. I need an antivirus with performance (notebook with i5 -5200U ULV processzor and 8GB ram) and good security (I work with important documents). You can find my list below.
What i used before? I'll not say :) I don't want to influence you and the poll.

Thank you very much!
Botsaska

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello, voted not on the list. The only av i would pay for is Kaskersky. Outstanding detection, the newer versions are quit fast. Most of the time its a realy stable product without bugs, not like other vendors(for example comodo, that can be a mess). the is version has something like a anti-exe control(dont know the name actualy), u have options to only trust applications trusted in the ksn network(big whitelist. All normal programs should work fine+games), the firewall is good+ you can tweak almost anything. Other than that, i would always go with a free version from other vendors.

Botsaska

Thread author
Mar 30, 2019
Thank you all to reply.
If i choose Kaspersky, what about the privacy? Some news said Kaspersky products may spying.

Why specifically ESET, Emsisoft and F-Secure? Are they the more easily available for you?

Yes and i know them.

Hi
Emsisoft It has just become weak

Really?! Sad to read :( Just in test or real life too?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
If i choose Kaspersky, what about the privacy? Some news said Kaspersky products may spying.
Don't believe that. Kaspersky was caught in the middle of a geopolitical battle. Every anti-viruses with cloud and reputation based feature scans some of your data for suspicious activity to protect you from zero day threats. Kaspersky, Eset, Avast, Norton etc almost every anti-virus has this feature now. But still there's one AV that cares about users privacy the most and that is Emsisoft. You can check their privacy policy. They collect minimum amount of data that is required for protecting you and never sell your data to third parties. I don't think Emsisoft has become weak. Yesterday I was testing it's behavior blocker and Eset's with HIPS(with Roboman's config except Firewall) against some already known and popular ransomwares. Emsisoft behavior blocker almost scored perfect in my testing while Eset's HIPS didn't do well.
In terms of protection Kaspersky is better than the products you mentioned above and Emsisoft is a great product with the best privacy policy.

Tibro

Level 1
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Kaspersky the best solution for you. Do not be afraid your data will be safe.
Kaspersky system impact is better than ever. Emsisoft good choice too with excellent support and friendly price (and privacy policy).

Hungarian: Látom magyar vagy, ha bővebben akarsz erről diskurálni, keress meg privát üzenetben.

Last edited:

Botsaska

Thread author
Mar 30, 2019
In terms of protection Kaspersky is better than the products you mentioned above and Emsisoft is a great product with the best privacy policy.

That's the point. Indeed.

Long time ago in age of Windows 95-98 and XP i used AVP then Kaspersky antivirus. We know, AVP was the early name of Kaspersky AV. However Emsisoft privacy policy is attractive to me but i don't know they and how could be good in real life.

Do you use VPN? If so try Kaspersky for 30 days to see if it works for you. In my case, Kaspersky kill vpn connection and slow down browsing.

Looks like you know how to keep PC safe, why don't use WD then?

Sometimes i use remote desktop via openvpn.

Why don't use WD? 'cause in my country have to use paid antivirus solution to protect these datas what i storage (required by law). I can't use free antivirus, i don't know why (due data privacy i think) like WD or Avast or Kaspersky Free etc.

I forget mention it in my first post, sorry.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
in my country have to use paid antivirus solution to protect these datas what i storage (required by law). I can't use free antivirus, i don't know why (due data privacy i think) like WD or Avast or Kaspersky Free etc.
It seems privacy is your best concern then I think you should choose Emsisoft. Their support is great too. If you have any questions regarding the privacy policy, what data they collect and for which purpose, etc then you can email your questions to them and they'll answer.
You may also wanna look at this thread. He is the head of research at Emsisoft. He answered many questions there, some were related to the privacy too. I would recommend to check the whole thread and maybe ask him any questions if you have.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hello,

I'm new here. I registered for help because i watched lot of review videos but i can' decide. I know the best advice is try to softwares but i want to know your experience.
Last virus on my computer was in 2010, so usually i know what i'm doing. But "The devil never sleep" and i have important files and work so i have to use security software beside data backup. I need an antivirus with performance (notebook with i5 -5200U ULV processzor and 8GB ram) and good security (I work with important documents). You can find my list below.
What i used before? I'll not say :) I don't want to influence you and the poll.

Thank you very much!
Botsaska
What's you budget?
Don't break the bank for Antivirus software.

Are you running Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?

Reactions: jackwilli

jrw666

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2016
I've tried Kaspersky several times in the past few years and I always got system crashes and errors. Now using Emsisoft and PC always run's stable.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
To be honest any one of those AV's will do fine for you. ESET and Emsisoft and both great players in their field. I see that you are a careful user. So the chances of you becoming infected with either of them are extremely slim provided you follow safe habits. ESET is the lightest AV with superb detection and it offers plenty of customisation to harden your PC even further. Emsisoft at default settings is also extremely good although it's not as light as ESET. Another good AV I would recommend is Kaspersky. It simply has the best BB out of all the products and there is Trusted Application Mode that allows only safe files to run. But no matter which AV you use, always remember that AV is the last line of defense. The first and foremost is the user and the second is a properly kept backup.

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Good options are all, but in terms of privacy policy, Emsisoft seems excellent to me.But one thing must be clear, there is no AV 100%:giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and Wraith

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.