Compare list
ESET Internet Security or AntiVirus
Emsisoft Antimalware
F-Secure (really expensive :( )

Botsaska

Thread author
Mar 30, 2019
Hello,

I'm new here. I registered for help because i watched lot of review videos but i can' decide. I know the best advice is try to softwares but i want to know your experience.
Last virus on my computer was in 2010, so usually i know what i'm doing. But "The devil never sleep" and i have important files and work so i have to use security software beside data backup. I need an antivirus with performance (notebook with i5 -5200U ULV processzor and 8GB ram) and good security (I work with important documents). You can find my list below.
What i used before? I'll not say :) I don't want to influence you and the poll.

Thank you very much!
Botsaska

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Comparison | AV-Comparatives
Check it!
also check Youtube
I really don't think Emsisoft did that poorly, nor do I think they offer poor protection. Expecting a product to constantly score 99-100% is unrealistic IMO. In all honesty with the amount of malware out there, anything over 95% is considered excellent. No product is perfect and if someone thinks they are getting 99-100% everytime a product scores in that range on a test, is only fooling themselves. IMO there's an unrealistic expectation that a product needs to score atleast 99% in order to be considered good.

There's far more to a product than how it scores on a test. In terms of Emsisoft, they have one of the best privacy policies, the best customer service, it doesn't annoy you, it's simple and has a very good UI IMO. Tests are only 1 part of it, but it's just 1 part. We shouldn't be picking a product based of these results alone.(y);)

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Comparison | AV-Comparatives
Check it!
also check Youtube

Hmmmm.... it appears that I cannot check it. I wonder if you got a sneak preview.

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
I've just bought F Secure Total, and am very happy with how light it is in operation. Good protection results, too.

I have keys for Kaspersky, Bullguard, Bitdefender, Norton and Trend Micro, and think that F Secure will be a keeper.

The Freedome VPN is great, as well. Very simple to use, and pretty good speeds.

Reactions: MASOUD and Wraith

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.