Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Due to the small number of samples used in this tests, you should take results with a grain of salt. We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
June 2018Samples PackStatic DetectionDynamic DetectionTotal DetectionBait files encryptedSystem Status

01.06.2018​

16​

14​

2​

0​

no

clean

04.06.2018​

18​

3​

7​

10​

no

infected

08.06.2018​

15​

6​

2​

8​

no

infected

11.06.2018​

19​

8​

8​

16​

no

infected

16.06.2018​

1​

0​

1​

1​

no

clean

22.06.2018​

14​

0​

5​

5​

no

infected

23.06.2018​

10​

2​

5​

7​

no

infected

29.06.2018​

18​

5​

3​

8​

no

infected

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Good share @Der.Reisende but must ask one thing. 16.06.2018 is that correct with " 0 " Samples Pack or shouldn't that be 1?:unsure:
Sorry, fixed that!
Thank you for the feedback!

The webfilter module (also contained in F-Secure FreeDome VPN) is the one point F-Secure is really great at, DeepGuard still needs some work.
Bitdefender signatures do not cover a lot in the first hours, so don't the F-Secure own engines. Against older samples, it is great.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Thread author
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I know you SUD more or less every sample and I'm curious how well you feel/think F-Secures feedback are on those?
I do not choose the option to receive a feedback unless I report a single sample (in order to tell them that the sample did bypass DeepGuard).

Most of the time, they are decently fast to analyze and reply (a day or more). At least you get a reply.
Not sure whether they set up global rules (now), when I tested FS in the past, DeepGuard did miss the same ransomware family multiple times, and was reported each time (I think it was #Shade, would need to search the archive). They told me that they found the file to be malicious and will roll out a detection with next update.

However, when I lately reported Emotet Banking Trojan - twice), it took more than a week for a reply, finally telling me that the sample is (obviously now) by Bitdefender signatures.
So mixed feelings.
They're most likely not the fastest to add signatures, they rely on Bitdefender a lot I think.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.