Battle F-Secure Safe vs Avast Premium Security.

Compare list
F-Secure Safe vs Avast Premium Security

Indingo

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 15, 2020
I have user keys for both that I received for free / nearly free. I am looking for an objective opinion of which security software to go with on both Windows and Android.

I am interested to see if there are any specific objective reasons (or maybe some subjective) for why I should run one software over the other.

Thanks!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I believe that with these two choices, there is less confusion since they are going in different directions.
Avast if you want to adjust things in your settings, and F-Secure if you want to install and leave it alone.

From looking at the feature comparison, I think Avast is more in line with your preferences. F-Secure doesn't have so many active settings. :)

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I believe that with these two choices, there is less confusion since they are going in different directions.
Avast if you want to adjust things in your settings, and F-Secure if you want to install and leave it alone.

From looking at the feature comparison, I think Avast is more in line with your preferences. F-Secure doesn't have so many active settings. :)
I have to agree. F Secure is fabulous, but Avast! is, in some cases, bulletproof. IMHO ✌️

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Avast was quite open about the data it used & published the info openly & I don't remember any lying - Out of the two AV's I feel AVAST is the more robust & maybe better protection, F-Secure very light if that makes a big difference, (it does to me) Both very good products, & both are on my list of liked AV's & there aren't many on the list :):)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
F-Secure for sure!
btw If you want to share your data with another people you may use Avast :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.