Facebook domains removed from DNS

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 92963
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Thread author
Hi, facebooj domains are removed from DNS worldwide (DNS finds the IP-adress belonging to the domain name of a website), simply put all Facebook domain names are removed from the world wide internet telephone book.

To me it looks like a inside hack or a terrible mistake from the facebook organisation. When it was an external hack it would be claimed by now. Most of facebook internal systems are not reachable also, which I can understand for cloud based system, but domain name requests should normally resolved locally also through some sort of patching, but their DNS keep being rejected, so something is really wrong deep inside their systems.

Seems that Marc Zuckerberg lost 7 million dollar already in advertising income.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Someone deleted large sections of routing table -> Facebook is gone :)

Reactions: Kongo

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
-Something happened, a hack, DDoS or whatever
-Facebook engineers nulled the servers pulling them off the entire Internet for security reasons
-Then they rebooted everything

Pay attention how these things always happen on a Monday. I think the easiest explanation is the most probable. Someone had a bad Monday and screwed something big up. Just another Monday if you ask me lol

Edit: Seee!!

Like I said, a Monday bug. Mistakes happen. Moving along. No cyber attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Thread author
Based on the first findings by Cisco, I expected that it could only be done from the inside either an internal hack or someone messed up badly. All comments seem to point out to the last (someone messing up), although Marc Zuckerberg says that it "SEEMS" an internal mistake. So he is not 100% sure yet (because they have so much private data, Facebook has to report a breach as soon as they know about it).

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.