Facebook probably has your phone number, even if you never shared it.

Pixelman

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Facebook's parent firm Meta has quietly rolled out a new service that lets people check whether the firm holds their contact information, such as their phone number or email address, and delete and block it.

The tool has been available since May 2022, Insider understands, although Meta does not seem to have said anything publicly about it.

A tipster pointed us to the tool, which is well-hidden and apparently only available via a link that is embedded 780 words into a fairly obscure page in Facebook's help section for non-users. The linked text gives no indication that it's sending you to a privacy tool, and simply reads: "Click here if you have a question about the rights you may have."

More here:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Glad it helped!
Thanks. I've never had a Fakebook a/c using my mobile number yet it was there. I was really dubious about giving it to them to check if it was there, as I had never supplied it to them as I've never had any of their products linked to this number, it just shows how thorough their data scraping goes. I now hope (nearly typed 'trust' but that word doesn't compute when linked to *uckerburg) that they will actually delete the number :(

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.