enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Jane Manchun Wong posted very interesting read on how Facebook scans system libraries from their Android app user’s phone in the background and uploads them to their server.
For more detailed info please check her Twitter post here:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I always dislike those services which don't work through a browser and ask to download their app.
What problem does FB and sites like it have if some one uses it through a browser on Android, its just a trick to collect user's data.

And some one should check Whatsapp also.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I always dislike those services which don't work through a browser and ask to download their app.
What problem does FB and sites like it have if some one uses it through a browser on Android, its just a trick to collect user's data.

And some one should check Whatsapp also.
Does Facebook do that?

lThinkFreel

Level 2
Jun 24, 2019
U can use a browser wrapper in android for facebook and the massanger function. These apps does not need to be installed on the phone to be using there service. There are plently of them in the play store. I use "Fella" for facebook for example.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I don't use FB on my mobile. But there are lots of people who use and they don't know how to use FB without the app on Android.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.