Troubleshoot Facebook Video Download Problem in Chrome and Clone !

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Now a days, i am facing big problem in Chrome and all other browsers which are chromium (but not in Baidu)

Firefox and its Clone i-e cyberfox and etc) are heavy, hang and crash problem

i want to use Chrome or chromium browser due to light weight, no crash problem, no and etc

Problem is that when i want to download video in facebook with IDM, it shows lot of videos, and video size less than 1kb (in 900bytes approx.) and downloaded video not work but in facebook i can play video in facebook etc.... this problem not happens in firefox and it clone and not in Baidu (baidu is chromium)...

Currently Baidu Spark is working accuratly and it is using chrome old version but no problem in Baidu....

In Baidu, bookmark can not be made by dragging the url from adressbar and bookmark can be made by clicking on star, but problem is there if we have already 20 bokmarks already and we want a new bookmark, it will be 20th book mark.... but by draging the url we can make it first bookmark if we are making 21th bookmar...

please check snap:

0kehoDt.png

QbzSkh5.png

Reactions: Jack

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello,

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall IDM?

Anyway you can download FB videos without IDM.

Let's try this:

• Right click on a random point in the page, and select "Inpsect element"
  • Click on "Network" tab
  • Play the video
  • Then in the "Type" column you should see the video file to download
  • Now on the left you should see the direct link to the video
  • Now right-click on the video and click on "save video as..."
Hope this helps you!

Reactions: DJ Panda
Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
It might be difficult but couldn't yoyu find the video on YouTube and then use clip converter or some other video downloaded site.

Reactions: JM Safe
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.