Fake AV

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Hey all :)

everyone that has twitter, facebook ans so please inform people to not visit or download anything for hxxp://www.preedasoftware.com/

You will find more info by clicking here.

(please feel move the thread to the right place since I don't really know where it fits best)

Regards,
Valetnin N

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is how the site looks :
ijoCxq.png

UrlVoid Results : http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/preedasoftware.com

What on earth is doing on CNET site?!

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Jack said:
Here is how the site looks :

UrlVoid Results : http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/preedasoftware.com

What on earth is doing on CNET site?!

This was the first fake AV found by me ^^

I would also appreciate if people could provide the other two links I provided in my Cnet review (sorry for bad written english but I wrote it very fast and wanted people to know as fast as possible.)

Thanks

Regards,
Valentin N

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I've seen your thread on avast forum: link

Malwarebytes might have certain "standards" when they flag programs as rogues. If the application actually detects at least a virus an does nothing malicious it might not be flagged as a rogue. I still think this is a dangerous app and if people install it they loose protection. Even more, at some point in time the app might download something actually malicious.

btw, I've edited your direct link to their site, so people don't click on it by mistake, who knows the site might become a drop-zone for some malware in the future.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Looks very much like Kaspersky, sometimes the fake av looks better than the real ones, good to know of yet another threat, hope I see it come through sometime.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Yeah you beat me to it as I was going to say the same thing with regards to the old Kaspersky theme. Alot of them try to emulate known themes of trusted programs in the hope of being more credible..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.