Fake Facebook Mobile Page Steals Credit Card Details

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
We recently encountered a mobile phishing page that looks very similar to the official Facebook mobile page. However, looking closely into the URL address, there are noticeable differences. The real Facebook page is located at https://m.facebook.com/login and has the lock icon to show that the page is secured.
Facebook-phishingvsreal-pag.gif

Once users are done, they are led to another page, this time asking for their credit card details.
fake-facebook-page-creditca.gif

More Here

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The only time I am required to Log in to Facebook's mobile site, is when I want to modify advanced settings that the Facebook apps doesn't allow.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
I only uses facebook mobile 2-3 times but i don't like facebook recognize me with my phone so i am not using facebook on mobile.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could probably change the browsers' User Agent to trick Facebook into thinking you're using a desktop browser. However, I'm unsure if these settings can be changed on mobile devices. Or you may be able to use a Proxy, I know CyberGhost's Web Proxy you can change the User Agent.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
Well now a days i have to use mobile version on my laptop (firefox) due to no script .I allow facebook in no script but no use facebook either nothing display or i have to use mobile version.Before 6 months ago i uses user agent in firefox to fool facebook sometime ipad,nokia.......;)
ya i have option to open it on another browser.but i don't waste my time on facebook.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.