Fake Google Chrome Processes making computer slow

Jay Schwartz

Thread author
Nov 5, 2014
Guys I just joined to help you out with this. I have been infected twice now with this Chrome random executables. It installs as you all have said
C:\Users\jschwartz\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Pjddrcnolzd\updovrrefmes

It creates a Schedule Task in Task Scheduler to relaunch a random dll. If your infected you can sort scheduled tasks by task run in the last 1 hour.

BTW all folder directories it creates under the Locallow directories are random as well as the dll names and exe's are all random too. If you use "process Explorer" you can suspend the regsvr32.exe then kill all the random executables it creates.

I don't know which program is launching regsvr32.exe but the command is shown when my User Access Control prompts me to let it run. Heres how its launched:

C:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe /c start regsvr32.exe "Path to the random dll under the locallow directory"

Hope this helps....still investigating. This problem I got infected from just regular browsing on the internet. No inappropriate websites. This is my work laptop so I don't have Admin rights but can contribute with what I find.

Hope this helps.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.