Fake IMF scaming my Friend

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
So there the story:

My friend (we will call her A live in Vietnam ) lend money long time ago to her friend (we called her B, living in USA), lately B called A to gave back money (10 000usd) she borrows to her, then asking her helping for transfer the funds, B gave to A her account number for testing the procedure, with a small transfer of around 1usd (to gain the trust of A) then B pretend to have sent the money already but it was intercepted by the fake IMF organization , and it will be released in exchange of a huge fee.

Then later , A received this Email:

sY8YX.jpg

As you can see the "fancy scary" title of the office :lolz:

join to the email, this PDF letter (click to enlarge)

If you pay attention:

In the Pdf letter , they ask money in GBP (british currency) instead of USD (remember the office is in USA...)
Their bank website adress is erroneous, it should be "accountant@mbna.com"
Their bank website domain name finish by "@accountant.com" , it should be "@name of the bank.com"

:lolz:

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I pity these fools, especially those who cannot even use spellchecker :(

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Got-a-scam-in-my-junk-mail-box

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
edit the OP, in fact B seems to have created the scam mails to trick A for more money.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.