Favorite Mobile Brand 2022

What is Your personal favorite mobile brand/vendor in 2022?

• Samsung

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Apple (iPhone)

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Nokia

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Sony

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Xiaomi

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Oneplus

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Realme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motorola

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Used to be a die-hard Android fan for many years. But due to a lack of QC and hardware faults, I choose Apple. I currently own both an iPhone and a Pixel 4XL. One is for work one is personal. Love them both for different reasons. But if push came to shove, I go with Apple. Their hardware is just really good imho.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Sure.

I don't like Samsung because their phones have too much bloat.

Apple because their products are not configurable enough, too locked down. With Android and Windows you can pretty ,much do whatever you want, with Apple not so much. Also, its insanity lining up at 3 in the morning just to buy a new phone, almost like a cult.;)

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Sure.

I don't like Samsung because their phones have too much bloat.

Apple because their products are not configurable enough, too locked down. With Android and Windows you can pretty ,much do whatever you want, with Apple not so much. Also, its insanity lining up at 3 in the morning just to buy a new phone, almost like a cult.;)
I ordered my iPhone 13 at 7am or so and received it one day later than release day. No cult needed. Just good hardware and an ecosystem that works well for me.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I voted for Samsung and Xiaomi, as they make very good quality phones. I've never owned an iPhone and quite probably never will.

I've had my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x for over three years and I've had no issues with it and am not going to upgrade anytime soon.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Apple period. Android, support max 3 years , come on…..
Samsung are now providing four years of OS updates and five years of security updates.

But I agree that in general update support for Android devices is terrible. However, I'd rather use an outdated Android device than an updated iOS device.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I did not vote for Samsung, but I had one a few years ago and was very satisfied. Today it's almost surprising how extreme good specs one can get for example in a A52s 5G (2021), and only pay around 348 USD or 333 EUR. That's a local store price and it's possible to get even cheaper. Even their A32 5G and A22 5G models are not too shabby if one don't mind the camera and CPU difference.

The " cheapest " iPhone I would be able to get in that local store is the XR version (2018). More expensive in that local store, but available at around the same price as that A52s 5G version elsewhere. Next iPhone version would then be either SE 5G (2022) or 11 (2019), and that's where the specs starts to get closer the A52s 5G, but the price also starts to shoot away and gets a factor that matters. Not for all of course.

2022-05-16-08-36-54.jpg

If I never had a iPhone, I would probably go with a 11 because I can guess for most it would be a disappointing experience using a 4,7 inch display. It's a sure deal breaker for myself. I would not consider buy a used phone no matter what brand/vendor.

@roger_m has a phone brand I serious could consider. It got 1 of my votes. Their price and specs in many models, is IMO impressive.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.