FBI Arrests Researcher Who Found 'Kill-Switch' to Stop Wannacry Ransomware

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
I don't generally believe this is something that is true, and I am personally hoping that it is fought every which way possible.

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
It looks like 'Def Con' has become a trap for people who are good at their jobs, and that is poke in the eye for some agencies ! ....... Just Saying ....... Just Maybe !!!

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
If you take a look at his twitter account, he must be in dire straits. Pancakes for breakfast, steak dinner and salmon in the evening, trips to the beach... Maybe I should get myself arrested. I don't know a single person in my extended family living this kind of lifestyle on their paycheck, let alone with an indictment over their head.

MalwareTech on Twitter

Deviant Ollam ツ on Twitter

MalwareTech on Twitter

MalwareTech on Twitter

MalwareTech on Twitter

MalwareTech on Twitter

MalwareTech on Twitter

Reactions: Fritz and Jack
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Some random infosec guy paid his 30K bail. A lot of the infosec community is coming to his aid.

I had to laugh when he posted 'my wallet was stolen'.. More likely, spooks grabbed it, free intel with full deniability. :D

Reactions: L S and Fritz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.