Android Fbi Prism Virus samsung on galaxy s7 egde

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Mobile' started by Mr.Bear, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Mr.Bear

Mr.Bear New Member

Oct 30, 2016
    seattle
    Trying to remove fbi prism virus accidentally downloaded a video player that gave me the virus I can get rid of it if I could turn off my phone and get into safe mode but the virus isnt letting me turn off my phone.. HELP PLEASE!!!

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
  3. Tony210

Tony210 New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Texas
    Android
  4. ChanceEMcNish429

ChanceEMcNish429 New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Washington
    Android
    I have the same problem. But i am unable to turn off my phone. I have no acess to the battery, my phone won't die from power drainage, and i have no acess to the power button
    Any advice would be greatly apperciated

5. Parsevol

Parsevol New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Windows 7
    Malwarebytes
    I had the same thing, and just got rid of it! There should be a glitch when you hold the power button down where the small bit of screen visible that isn't the Ransomware goes all blurry. After that's happened, if you press basically everywhere where there's words eventually you should find a broken one that allows you to access the HTML. I was able to turn it off like that. Although I have an LGE Stylo 2, so it's probably different for you. Another way is to download Avast onto your phone, reboot your phone by removing the battery or doing the master reset (but not the factory reset), and then getting fast enough to beat the virus activating and get Avast to open. But you only have a few shots, since it gets faster and faster at launch every time. If neither of those work, you're gonna have to factory reset your phone, pal.

ravi prakash saini likes this.
  6. HaMeR

HaMeR Level 3
    AV Tester

Sep 16, 2014
    How did you get infected on a phone?