FBI ransomeware help

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Please run the following utility so that I can get a log of your system...
STEP 1 : Run a scan with Combofix
Please read and follow very carefully the below instructions

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:

COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #1 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #2 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
----------------------------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

<ul>
<li>Close any open browsers.</li>
<li>Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
<>Very Important!</> Temporarily <>disable</> your <>anti-virus</>, <>script blocking</> and any <>anti-malware</> real-time protection <em><>before</></em> performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause <em>"unpredictable results"</em>.</li>
<li><>WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts</>.Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.</li>
</ul>
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How to run the Combofix scan :
  1. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  2. Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
  3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
    [*]Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Additional notes:
<ol><li> Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.</li>
<li> Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.</li>
<li> If after the reboot you get errors about programms being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.</li></ol>

<hr />

Last edited by a moderator:

mmaikeru

Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2013
this is the message
the module
"C:\Users\WALL_E_Machine\AppData\...\xrrownss.dll"
failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files

the specific module could not be found.

and another one says.
The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive?

and an old notification that always comes up that is completely not related to the virus i had is this

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.

ive tried to fix it but have had no success, i dont think it is very important so i just ignore it.

mmaikeru

Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2013
how do you disable norton internet security, i havent renued it in a year and i cannot find an option to uninstal it or disable it yet i get a warning on combofix that it is still active

mmaikeru

Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2013
mmaikeru said:
how do you disable norton internet security, i havent renued it in a year and i cannot find an option to uninstal it or disable it yet i get a warning on combofix that it is still active

nevermind, found out how

mmaikeru

Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2013
that worked, no more problems with recycle bin or that one program. attached is the log of combofix.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    9 KB · Views: 81

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
STEP 1: Run a scan with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
<ol><li>Download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from the below link and then double click on it to start this utility.
<><a title="External link" href="http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1" rel="nofollow">KASPERSKY VIRUS REMOVAL TOOL</a></> <em>(This link open an new webpage from where you can download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool on your computer.)</em></li>
<li>Follow the onscreen prompts until it is installed</li>
<li>Click the Options button (the 'Gear' icon), then make sure only the following are ticked:
<ul>
<li><span style="color: #ff0000;">System Memory</span></li>
<li><span style="color: #ff0000;">Hidden startup objects</span></li>
<li><span style="color: #ff0000;">Disk boot sectors</span></li>
<li><span style="color: #ff0000;">Local Disk (C: )</span></li>
<li><span style="color: #ff0000;">Also any other drives (Removable that you may have)</span></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>Then click on <>Actions</> on the left hand side</li>
<li>Click <>Select Action</>, then make sure both <>Disinfect</> and <>Delete if disinfection fails</> are ticked</li>
<li>Click on <>Automatic Scan</></li>
<li>Now click the <>Start Scanning</> button, to run the scan</li>
<li>After the scan is complete, click the reports button ('Paper icon', next to the 'Gear' icon) on the right hand side</li>
<li>Click <>Detected threats</> on the left</li>
<li>Now click the <>Save</> button, and save it as <>kaslog.txt</> to your <>Desktop</></li>
<li>Please attach kaslog.txt in your next reply.</li>
</ol>
<hr />

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.