Fedora's 2015 Configuration.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Suggestion, add a second browser and another on demand scanner.
I love your signature can't stop laughing:D:D
Thanks for sharing.
What browser and on demand scanner do you recommend I add?

Also why do I need two on demand scanners?

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Since yoy are using Cyberfox add a Chromium based browser like Slimjet or Opera so you can deal with rendering problems of the engines.
About on demand scanners i suggest EEK so you can use different signatures with good detection,what one scanner will miss the other might detect;).
I hope i have explained it well:).

Reactions: frogboy and Oxygen

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Since yoy are using Cyberfox add a Chromium based browser like Slimjet or Opera so you can deal with rendering problems of the engines.
About on demand scanners i suggest EEK so you can use different signatures with good detection,what one scanner will miss the other might detect;).
I hope i have explained it well:).

I love SlimJet, but I hate chrome. (Chrome is a Botnet) - I'll be trying out SlimJet for the rest of the day.

I could add EEK.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Reactions: tonibalas

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Very nice confirmation
I use emsisoft and many other products you specified here

Can you tell me something about osbuddy and Intellj ?

OSBuddy is a client that I use to play a game called "Runescape" - I have been playing the game since 2003.
  • The game is very time consuming - It will ruin your life. (Just kidding, but it will waste a lot of your time as it is addciting.)

IntellJ is something you would use to create java based applications.

Reactions: saket

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
And Gimp ?

It's a great program to create avatars ;) ... and friend, you're going to kill all the stocks. :D

Nice config, of course

GIMP always froze on me, but that was months ago. I'll give it a try now.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Could you provide evidence for your findings?
Not really, I just seen a few posts about chrome being a Botnet in the /Tech/ section of 4Chan and a few on 8Chan.

It's probably a joke, but who knows.

Reactions: yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.