File Commander - Are there any alternates for Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My tablet device came pre-installed with File Commander - File Manager for Android. I've used it a few times and find it an excellent tool to manage files on the device. Some features are locked to the Premium version (Recycle Bin, Show Hidden Files etc).

Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobisystems.fileman

However, what do other Android users use for File Management, can you recommend/suggest any?

Reactions: souhrid

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
1) Es file explorer
2) File manager by cheetah mobile
3) software datacable ( for sharing over wifi and managing files)

Reactions: Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

grrr

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2011
I'm currently using ES File Explorer old version, as new version added junkware.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the other suggestions. I have recently found myself using it a lot less, and therefore have kept the free version. It's also preinstalled, so it cannot be completely removed. (Non-Rooted).

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I plan to upgrade to Premium, as it's only a one-off lifetime license fee and have obtained enough Google Play Store credits to use - (How to Get Google Play Credits for FREE (No Catches)).

Pre-installed on Xperia devices, has anyone else used File Commander Free or Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.