Assigned FileHippo News: Zemana AntiMalware: Antivirus Software That Blocks The Threat Before It Occurs

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Have you tried Zemana Anti-Malware ?

• Yes, with protection enabled

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • Yes, but only as an on-demand scanner

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Yes, but when you don't have internet connection drop, there is really tiny possibility to get infected. :D BTW I believe that in technology of today, internet drops happen not often. Personally, I don't remember when my internet got broken.
yes, maybe in your country and many other countries but when you come to some asian countries you would throw your PC against the wall when you use the internet there :rolleyes:. Internet drops happen frequently and the speed is 1/20 to 1/6 what I have here in europe. This is why signature-based AVs are still very important to us
I have a very very good internet connection here, maybe 1-2 drops/maintainance per year
sometimes you may bring your laptop out of internet zone to work so in this case it might be a bit risky to use a fully-cloud AV

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
yes, maybe in your country and many other countries but when you come to some asian countries you would throw your PC against the wall when you use the internet there :rolleyes:. Internet drops happen frequently and the speed is 1/20 to 1/6 what I have here in europe. This is why signature-based AVs are still very important to us
I have a very very good internet connection here, maybe 1-2 drops/maintainance per year
sometimes you may bring your laptop out of internet zone to work so in this case it might be a bit risky to use a fully-cloud AV
But as I said - computer without internet connection is much safer - I can say that computer doesn't exists today witout internet. So I don't think cloud AVs are a problem.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
But as I said - computer without internet connection is much safer - I can say that computer doesn't exists today witout internet. So I don't think cloud AVs are a problem.
it's true but not really true in my country :D
many infections come from USB flash drives. That's why when someone brings his infected PC to a computer guy, he always installs an USB antimalware.
Now most traditional AVs can protect well against USB malwares so this is not a problem like 5 years ago (I doubt norton can because I always always got infected from usb when I used norton years ago)
So zemana can be used for many people but not for many also, depends on the location. just to be safe, keep zemana with a light-weight offline AV

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I know I'm in the minority here but ZAM, ZAL or whatever its known as this week will never be more than an second opinion scanner for me.
Oh and can they please learn how to write an uninstaller that doesn't leave their service and driver on my system :eek:
One more thing i don't like being bugged every five minutes to buy your product when the trial is about to run out.:mad:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have a very very good internet connection here, maybe 1-2 drops/maintenance per year
Even with a reliable internet connection, many times before I have come close to "throwing my PC against the wall", lol!!:p:D

Other risks to consider are introductions to the system such as external flash drives, in which case keeping updated AVs & scanners (whether on or offline) continue to be a necessity. Shadow Defender's shadow mode is an alternative option in this case.

Update: Just read Evjl's Rain's subsequent post which echos my own as I'm not as fast a typist as I'd like sometimes!:D

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I'm impressed with ZAM for what it does & I also like the clean interface - It does seem to use large amounts of memory on this system up to 400 meg or so but doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the PC's performance whatsoever. I have 16 Gig of RAM & as mentioned elsewhere browsers such as Chrome often use in excess of a gig or so, ZAM is now my prefered anti-malware & has just about replaced Mbam on my systems - Probably not the best choice though if you have a terrible internet connection.

W

Wave

I'm impressed with ZAM for what it does & I also like the clean interface - It does seem to use large amounts of memory on this system up to 400 meg or so but doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the PC's performance whatsoever. I have 16 Gig of RAM & as mentioned elsewhere browsers such as Chrome often use in excess of a gig or so, ZAM is now my prefered anti-malware & has just about replaced Mbam on my systems - Probably not the best choice though if you have a terrible internet connection.
Your RAM is meant to be used up, it'll also allow the software to potentially work faster.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Yes I fully appreciate that & I have no problem with it - However 'some users' do get worried when they see RAM being used which is why I mentioned that it (ZAM) has no adverse effect whatsoever on the units performance thus acknowledging the fact without being an arse-hole.

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
There are a lot of options when it comes to antivirus software, but Zemana offers real-time scanning and sandboxing, without limits on removal.
Viruses and malware are more rampant than ever, largely due to the fact that they work. And it’s not just the fact that black hat programmers are writing new viruses every day, but that even old names in malicious software are getting daily facelifts and beating antivirus software; the infamous FLocker threat has been found to have over 7,000 variants at last count, according to Trend Micro.

Sadly, surveys are showing that tech users–from casual social media fans to company executives–are still not taking the threat seriously. Many admit not bothering with antivirus software, while others have stated they thought their tech was protected by better browser security or plug-ins.

AntiMalware software once came in two distinct categories: there were the titles that blocked the dangers and prevented them from installing, and there were those that cleaned up a known threat once it was too late. Now, titles like Zemana AntiMalware are serving double-duty, cleaning up your computer in a matter of minutes, as well as blocking threats–not just viruses, but also malware, trojans, root-kits, ransomware, and boot-kits, as well as the ability to increase zero day malware detection of suspicious files–with its real-time scanning.

As with other good-for-you behaviors, the public has to see tangible benefits before they’ll take an interest; just stealthily protecting their computers in the background may not be enough of an incentive to get them to take action. That’s why Zemana AntiMalware also cleans up your browser experience, preventing annoying pop-ups, keeping spam in check, and scanning for threats in the websites you actively visit. It will also actively remove any installed, unwanted toolbars, the kind that often come preloaded with upgrades or downloads.

Zemana AntiMalware uses Pandora Real Time Sandbox Technology to detect and eliminate threats, while also highlighting anything that it finds suspicious but not yet recognizable. This gives the user the option to proceed or avoid the suspicious content.

As for the program’s functionality, Zemana AntiMalware comes packaged in one of the lightest-weight file sizes at this level of protection, using only 5MB of disk space. The software offers a freemium model that detects and eliminates malware without any removal limits at the free level. For those users who wants a premium level of protection, the plan adds free technical support (including the option to have Zemana customer service connect to your computer and clean out any detected threats), real-time scanning and blocking, and real-time analysis of the zero day threats. For premium members, Zemana AntiMalware also offers a fourteen-day money back guarantee.

To check out Zemana AntiMalware for free or for a subscription-based price, click here.

Source: Zemana AntiMalware: Antivirus Software That Blocks The Threat Before It Occurs - FileHippo News
I love this application and have it on 3 pc's.
I have purchased this for 3 years.
Is there an option to obtain a lifetime license for a certain sum of money so I don't need to bother renewing my subscription every 3 years?
Thanks in advance.

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
I absolutely agree with you.
Many countries outside of EU and North America have lower speeds and regulatr if not often downtimes due to rain, etc.
You do need local database av like Kaspersky until IOT is foolproof.

Reactions: Solarlynx

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I love this application and have it on 3 pc's.
I have purchased this for 3 years.
Is there an option to obtain a lifetime license for a certain sum of money so I don't need to bother renewing my subscription every 3 years?
Thanks in advance.

No, such option doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.