Fileless malware: Invisible threat or scaremongering hype?

Are you worried about Fileless Malware?

• Yes

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No, because i use Emsisoft AM

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
Anyone notice Microsoft via Windows 10 installs (and keeps installing if you remove it) Candy Crush? Ever wonder why? It's no secret..
It isn't present on any of my systems or virtual environments, I've never seen it enforced before on a Windows 10 installation either?

Reactions: upnorth and AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
I was considering this method. Unfortunately those apps are being updated by volunteers and as the result some are weeks, even months behind the actual version.
It doesn't mean that you need to stay behind. I was able to make my own firefox portable on the latest version using an older version as a base.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
@ForgottenSeer 58943 Interesting, I wasn't aware... Thank you :) I've never had this happen to me though haha. I guess I am the lucky one... I don't even have the registry modification enabled, never have before either. Done a thorough search, none of that crap is installed and none of has certainly ever ran.

In fact, I've never even as so much opened the Windows Store in the past 2 years. Not once. LOL

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
candy crush is the first thing i remove , and i don't see it coming back...ah yes , i disabled auto-downloading/updating of apps :cool:

i have autoupdates on but once I uninstalled candycrush it never came back... even after major updates of Windows.

Reactions: Azure

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.