Finally getting Windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakker

Thread author
Dec 7, 2013
Found this site trying to take visual bee off of my wife's computer. I had suspicions about mine since I couldn't get successful Windows updates. I went through the steps from Jack- how to clean up windows machines, doing it in safe mode and afterwards I did a windows update and it was successful. Got rid of many bad files and there were some things missed- that's why the successive steps with different programs. It seemed to help. Now for the 800lb gorilla..the NSA

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi rakker, & welcome to MalwareTips. If anyone can subdue that 800lb gorilla, I'm confident you'll find the posse here to help you get it done! It's great you can get Windows updates again too. Coincidentally, I have come across visual bee too. I'd noticed it had replaced Google as the start page on 2 out of the six or seven complimentary use (public) computers provided at a Spa I frequent. :( This did not seem right. Thank you for confirming my suspicions stem from more than just an active imagination. It was nice to hear you've been able to clean house & it's Windows too! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.