finding .exe files on each drive in each folder

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
PC is clean, majority of these detections are False Positive, name of detection is always Suspicious, so it basically means this is good stuff.

For shuting down problem, did you press Shut Down?

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Dear Sir...ok...so I can give the instruction to ESET to delete all quarantine files as well?

yes for shutdown...i go to start then shutdown and instead it makes a restart...any help appreciated.

tks

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's try to fix this :)

1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
reg: reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\export.reg

2. Save notepad as fixlist.txt to your Desktop.
NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

3. Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.

After the fix you will find file named export.reg on your Desktop. Upload it here --> http://zippyshare.com/ and copy download link in the message.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
reg: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v PowerdownAfterShutdown /t REG_SZ /d 1 /f
cmd: shutdown /r /t 5

NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
Hi...procedure complete and attached is file as instructed....will wait for your further step.

tks

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    803 bytes · Views: 66

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
There are more ideas on my mind:

Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.

Code:
cmd: powercfg lastwake

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
procedure complete and file attached....what is next pls?

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    465 bytes · Views: 64

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I tried all possible ideas that came to my mind. Only cause that probably makes this problem is some hardware issue, BIOS problem or something. I cannot help you further, I am sorry.

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
ok sir...your help is much appreciated....with regards to malwarebytes pro...do you recommend I install some other permanent antivirus as well such as avg, avast, avira....your advise is greatly appreciate.

tks

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
MalwareBytes is not antivirus, it is antispyware, so it isn't able to fully detect and combat all types of malware. You need to install antivirus software. Choice is yours which one will you pick.

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
ok...will check with a pc repair shop for this shutdown thing...will also perform the delfix operation...with regards to antivirus and with the information you have on my pc, would you please advise on anyone in particular as I have no clue from where to start on this...tks

emann

Thread author
Verified
Feb 2, 2014
with regards to the shut down problem will check with a repair technician as I am not fond of bios or hardware much....

as regards to antivirus I wanted to ask for your recommendation of a good software to try please

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.